ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abarth is no more, bring on ze Germans.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Decided to get rid of the abarth and get something a bit comfier and smarter, something nicer to drive day to day and with more interior luxuries, I find myself driving everywhere like an old man and never really opening up the taps, with the amount of traffic on the road nowadays and speed cameras everywhere there really is no place to put your foot down (apart from a track).

Had a look at a few cars A3, BMW 118d, Scoda Fabia, VW Polo and some others like the seat Ibiza but then was in Audi looking at an A3 and I noticed the new A1 so went for a test drive in the 1.4 TFSI 185 bhp with the S Tronic gearbox and I loved the car but couldn't get on with the gearbox and wanted a manual and insurance on the 185 was considerable amount more than the abarth because of my crash. went back a few days later and drove another A1 but this time the 1.4 TSFI 122bhp with the manual box and S-Line kit so half leather, sports steering wheel, nicer and bigger (17 inch) wheels and nicer interior and exterior styling.

really liked the car, no way near as quick as my Abarth but that wasn't the point of getting it, I was genuinely shocked by the build quality and finish of the interior, it is exceptional. little things like when the radio was off you can't even hear the traffic on the road because it is built that well where as in the abarth you have as well of had the windows down. new car wise I've only ever seen fiat and Renault build quality and the Audi especially in S-Line trim is on a totally different level all together.

had a look through the system and she mentioned a red one with the S-Line kit, 1.4 TFSI 122 engine in manual with tyre pressure sensors and LED light pack coming in, put my deposit down today and finance for the PCP sorted and I pick it up on the new 12 plate on Thursday!

already ordered the black front rings to replace the chrome ones, most probably going to replace the chrome grille surround with a black one as well and then some lower springs and it's done.

basically the same as this

VehicleImage.jpg

VehicleImage.jpg

VehicleImage.jpg

VehicleImage.jpg

will post some pics up on Thursday when I get it.

Lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I wasn't too keen on them but after driving it changed my mind, the build quality is on another level! doing loads of miles with work now and as great as the Abarth is it isn't ideal for long journeys or sitting on the M60 all day

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Really dont like the styling of these, at least you don't have the gay mis matched roof pillar things.

Personally I'd have gone with the polo for a cheap to run new car, look awesome.

Anyway, good luck with it!

RS6 C7
Audi build quality is on another level, no rattles or noises at 70. Everything just feels nice. The A1's with the right spec look great!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
yeh the 2.0 black edition I specced came in at 23k LOL not a chance! mine works out at 240 a month with a £750 deposit so not too bad really.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
yeh i expected it to be alot more, think the black edition was £290 a month or something like that but insurance wouldnt allow

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
he pays £240 per month for them

Actually my clio was owned outright but after that yeh the megane was part financed and my abarth was PCP, PCP really is the only way to buy a new car, pay monthly for it and give it back at the end, job done lol no big outgoing and get to drive a fairly nice car

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's nice jumping into something like that. Driving an A3 sline and Evoque recently brings home how good refininement and comfort can be. Sometimes it's nice.

I think you'll get bored soon though. Just my opinion.

Oh and your finance situation is utterly mental.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Actually my clio was owned outright but after that yeh the megane was part financed and my abarth was PCP, PCP really is the only way to buy a new car, pay monthly for it and give it back at the end, job done lol no big outgoing and get to drive a fairly nice car
It doesn't make long term financial sense in terms of it being a luxury (I have no direct debits for my clio).

But if you want to be in a brand new car every few years I agree its the way forward. (the downside being you don't actually own a car if for some reason you could no longer make payments etc). Balloon payment ftl.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Over how long though?

3 years, Audi put £750 towards it as well or £750 off the car. same either way you look at it

trying to get discount on an audi is a f**king nightmare. been in sales 5 years and even I struggled! getting 2k off my clio a few years back was easy as anything but audi is whole different ball game

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It's nice jumping into something like that. Driving an A3 sline and Evoque recently brings home how good refininement and comfort can be. Sometimes it's nice.

i probably will get bored but oh well!!

my finance situation is fine.....i have 3 direct debits out of my account each month, my PCP on the car, my mobile phone and my MMA gym membership. hardly massive outgoings!

It doesn't make long term financial sense in terms of it being a luxury (I have no direct debits for my clio).

But if you want to be in a brand new car every few years I agree its the way forward. (the downside being you don't actually own a car if for some reason you could no longer make payments etc). Balloon payment ftl.

yeh that is the downside but i will just hand it back at the end.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

3 years isn't bad, mileage limit though?

12k a year and now no longer with my gf who lived in exeter its fine

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You have a balloon payment at the end too.

I love how people on here don't like finance, probably because most are driving 5+ year old cars which are cheap enough to buy outright.

Most people buy new cars on finance, for most it'll be never ending, not while working anyway, at the end of every term just trade it in to pay off the balloon and cover the deposit on the next one, plus you have fixed outgoings, less tyres everything can be planned for.

It's a good way to always have a nice new car on the drive, if you can afford it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My neighbour has a new Grey Sline. Silver roof. Same engine as yours. Lovely car. I mean fantastic for what they are but they're hardly a cheap small car.

You pay for quality.

Enjoy. Audi build quality is epic.

What do you get stereo wise in one of these?

No luck with insurance though, my A3 2.0 Black Edition 170 S-tronic with nearly every option ticked only costs me £400 a year to insure and im 21.

BG 182
I just don't like the idea of paying £750 deposit, followed by £3000 a year then to give the car back at the end, say thanks and have nothing to show for it. Wouldn't it be best to pay monthly till you own it, then sell it and upgrade? Although this will take considerably more time, you will actually have something to show for it at the end?

Would like to see the 245bhp 2.0l tfsi come to this country though!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

You have a balloon payment at the end too.

I love how people on here don't like finance, probably because most are driving 5+ year old cars which are cheap enough to buy outright.

Most people buy new cars on finance, for most it'll be never ending, not while working anyway, at the end of every term just trade it in to pay off the balloon and cover the deposit on the next one, plus you have fixed outgoings, less tyres everything can be planned for.

It's a good way to always have a nice new car on the drive, if you can afford it.

yeh i just find it the easiest way to get a new car, if i wanted a 10 year old bmw obviously I wouldn't even look at finance but i like having a new car every now and again, addicted to new car smell haha

My neighbour has a new Grey Sline. Silver roof. Same engine as yours. Lovely car. I mean fantastic for what they are but they're hardly a cheap small car.

You pay for quality.

very true and i think the engine is perfect really, enough power on the motorway and more than enough for round town

I dont not like finance if that was aimed at me, and yes i do own my car outright. But thats what, £6k thats mine. Not bad when hes paying £9k.

Ive always wanted to do it on something like a GTR etc.

But when i think about it, if you do this for 9 years, so 3 of these deals. Thats £27k you've paid out and got nothing to show. Thats just the way my brain works :(:(