ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

About to return

197, R26 F1, Cat'm 7
Hi, less than a year after selling my RB 182, I'm about to return with a Black 197 :D In the mean time I've had a 2005 Leon Cupra R :cool: which i loved but was sadly written off in a motorway crash :cry: I replaced this with a 2005 JCW Mini which sounded great and was quick but hated the wet and loved the petrol pump a bit too much and so I sold it. My 182 averaged 39-40 mpg and my Cupra R 38-39 mpg, but the Mini was with my best most angelic driving just 31 mpg :nono: so I'm hoping to return to 39-40 mpg with the 197 - am I realistically going to see it?

My picture will be updated once I have the alloys on the 197 refurbed as they're a bit tatty at the moment, so any recommendations for the Manchester area will be much appreciated.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Hi, less than a year after selling my RB 182, I'm about to return with a Black 197 :D In the mean time I've had a 2005 Leon Cupra R :cool: which i loved but was sadly written off in a motorway crash :cry: I replaced this with a 2005 JCW Mini which sounded great and was quick but hated the wet and loved the petrol pump a bit too much and so I sold it. My 182 averaged 39-40 mpg and my Cupra R 38-39 mpg, but the Mini was with my best most angelic driving just 31 mpg :nono: so I'm hoping to return to 39-40 mpg with the 197 - am I realistically going to see it?

My picture will be updated once I have the alloys on the 197 refurbed as they're a bit tatty at the moment, so any recommendations for the Manchester area will be much appreciated.

No.

​Do a search and cry.

197, R26 F1, Cat'm 7
Thanks. I picked her up on Wednesday and so far so good. Booked in for major service and cambelts next Friday, started detailing the body already and the computer is telling me I'm getting c.33mpg - we'll see how this one goes...

Hope to get the wheels sorted out soon and have a call outstanding with Smart Wheels to compare to the other quotes I've had.

Lol at wanting to get 39-40mpg in the 197, I see 27/28 daily, and that's not giving it much lead foot.

Enjoy it though, I love mine.