ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, ESP and Service dash lights on ... speedo and cruise work fine, no fault codes.

Clio 182
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a solution to a problem I've got with my 182.

The ABS, ESP and service lights are permanently on and my ABS and ESP do not appear to work.

I have adjusted and replaced the brake pedal switch and I have also run a fault code check using a code reader and nothing has come up.

The speedo and odometer work fine and so do the brakes apart from the lack of ABS. The cruise control also works fine.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a solution?

Cheers,

Donut.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Re: ABS, ESP and Service dash lights on ... speedo and cruise work fine, no fault cod

Steering angle sensor?

Clio 182
Re: ABS, ESP and Service dash lights on ... speedo and cruise work fine, no fault cod

Thanks for your reply man,

Where is that sensor located and how could I check it?

Like I said I had no fault codes come up :(

Cheers, Donut.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

What diagnostics are you using? I suspect you're getting no codes as the equipment is either cheap Asian export crap or not up to date fo the vehicle.

Bring it in sometime and i'll gladly take a look... if I can't find anything, I won't charge you a penny... infact, i'lll give you £10!

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Needs to be a decent reader as said above mate as the shitty ones won't show abs faults :)

Clio 182

Sounds like a deal :D

It is a cheap reader but has worked well on my car and others, it read an emissions fault from my lambda sensor previously but nothing for this ABS fault has come up :S hmmm.

I will have a look under the car tomorrow to check there isn't anything obviously wrong with the sensors or rings. Otherwise I will give you a call MicKPM.

Cheers,

Donut.