ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, ESP and stop lights on

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
ESP button no longer works either - Would a faulty switch cause the lights on the dash or is it more likely to be an ABS sensor or something?

Probably the brake pedal switch mate, take it out and push it in, then pull it all the way back out so it clicks.

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Mines doing the same. I've recently had the wheels off so I'm thinking mines abs related

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was a rear abs sensor.

Replaced with a second hand one from Renparts, reset the alarm code, sorted.

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
I'm pretty sure mines the front right as that was the side where I took the suspension damper off.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Apologies, yes it did.

If the brake sensor didn't sort it I think the other one is *gasp* steering angle sensor.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got no serv light on though? Surely that means there is no fault with a sensor?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
This is a weird one. Might be one for mr diamond motors.

When i bought the car there were no lights on. They came on a few weeks ago after i'd cleaned the car and went for a raz.

Had it plugged into CLIP at Bmh.01s a couple of weeks ago. He said that it looks like the airbag ECU was replaced at some point (even though its the original part number) as clip couldn't communicate properly with it. So basically it looks like i have no ABS (could this be caused by a faulty ecu or abs pump?) or airbags. To add more confusion into the mix, i have no airbag or serv light come on even when the ignition is turned on - so it looks like the have been cut out or taped up.

help!

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Deffo sounds like someone has tried to hide something in the vehicles history. Daveski had a similar issue with one of his 172's and that had the SMD LED's removed from the PCB of the clockset (so no warning/fault lights)... Soon got it sorted out though for him.

If there's a comms issue with the ABS then that's one issue that needs fixing and possibly why the ESP isn't working/causing the warning lights.

What did Ben suggest may be the cause of the comms issue?

I'd start by giving the car a proper look over for signs of pikey fixes, bodges and things that just don't seem right, then maybe run some CAN network tests.

If you want me to book it in then give me a nudge as these kind of faults are my bread and butter.

Mick

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Had it at ben's again today, we manages to locate the airbag faults, first was the drivers pretensioner which I'll replace, second was the driver airbag - it's got a 197 wheel on and the voltages were too low. Not too worried about that, but the main issue now is the abs. It came up with an abs computer fault at pin 26 brake pressure sensor. I'm going to try to check the connector to the pump ASAP. How easy is it to change the pump? Looks like a pig of a job.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
There was tape over the dash lights btw and after changing the airbag Ecu it let us change the values today.