ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, ESP & serv light on all the time

Subaru 330s
Ok I know there are a lot of threads on this already, but not quite the same which is why I am posting.....

My ABS, ESP and service light are on constantly, very occasionally I start my car and they do not come on at all for the whole journey (I made two journeys last night and they were all off) but made two journeys today and they were all on right from turning the key.

I have my MOT next week, so just wondering if anyone knows what it is? I have tried my friends code reader, but doesn't seem to work on my car, failing that I will just pop to a garage and get them to try it, but thought I would ask on here first.

Oh also I should mention previosuly my CV gaitor was leaking, and took a while to fix as the garage kept replacing the clip but there was a small hole in the gaitor, so that got fixed a couple of months ago, and I think it has been since then that I have had the problem on and off. So wondering whether there may be some grease in there that could cause this? But I would have thought I cleaned all this up? Not sure?

Any advice would be great

Ta

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
More than likely a dirty ABS sensor, my CV gaitor split a few years ago and coated the whole ABS cable on one side,
it knackered it and needed replacing, the ABS unit stores separate fault codes from the ECU,
proper Renault diagnostic software should be able to switch it off.

Or an up to date RSTuner with the correct ABS access software.

Although saying that mine plays up every now and again and had a full diagnostic check for something else a few weeks ago
with proper Renault software and they found nothing, I guess that means my car's special. lol

Subaru 330s
Lovely cheers, I'll give it a go cleaning it up again today, if tha
t fails I'll order a new one. Thanks

Subaru 330s
I've tried cleaning it up, however the ring with all the teeth in is rusty as fook! Is this going to be more than just a sensor jobbie?!

Subaru 330s
Diagnostic is showing rear left, open circuit. So not where I thought it was at all! Will be tracing the wires and cleaning up the clip as it looks water damaged