ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs light after rear disc change

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just had my rear discs changed and I'm getting an ABS light after driving. The light isn't there when I start the car, and only appears after driving for a few minutes. The brakes feel fine and the pedal feels normal, so I'm guessing it's nothing too major. Any ideas what would cause this behaviour? I would assume it's a sensor but it's weird that the fault only appears after 5-10 minutes of driving.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Which rear discs did you use as there's 2 different amounts of teeth on ABS rings

You could have fucked it and bought Scenic ones which are 24 teeth opposed to the 48 you'll need

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Which rear discs did you use as there's 2 different amounts of teeth on ABS rings

You could have fucked it and bought Scenic ones which are 24 teeth opposed to the 48 you'll need
Bought the Clio 182 ones from Kam Racing. Haven't counted the teeth but I presume they'll have sent the right ones.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Apparently the multimeter has been out. No idea what any of this means but I'll just paste it verbatim.

"Checked resistance of both rear sensors at 830ohms each. Rotated each wheel with volts ac selected result zero voltage but voltage meter may not be sensitive enough as smaller scale is 200 volts ac. However, both wheels registered dc volts on the 200milli volt scale. Also car indicates abs failure immediately if either wheel sensor is disconnected - suggest rear sensors are working although cannot determine how strong the sensor output voltage is."

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hard to say what's happened really.

The sensor failing at the same time as doing the brakes would be too much of a coincidence. Possibly disturbed it...

Only other thing to check now is the abs ring tooth count, pretty sure it's 44 tooth on these.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Hard to say what's happened really.

The sensor failing at the same time as doing the brakes would be too much of a coincidence. Possibly disturbed it...

Only other thing to check now is the abs ring tooth count, pretty sure it's 44 tooth on these.
Yeah 44 tooth not 48 like I said

Couldn't remember off the top of my head

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If the tooth count was wrong wouldn't the fault occur as soon as the car was moved? This is taking 5-10 mins of driving for it to happen. I'm wondering if one of the wires was accidentally knocked while changing the discs and it's intermittently losing connection. Now they've been unplugged etc I'll ask him to take it for another drive and see if the fault reappears

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
If the tooth count was wrong wouldn't the fault occur as soon as the car was moved? This is taking 5-10 mins of driving for it to happen. I'm wondering if one of the wires was accidentally knocked while changing the discs and it's intermittently losing connection. Now they've been unplugged etc I'll ask him to take it for another drive and see if the fault reappears

Yeah would normally come on straight away tbh, but worth a look.