ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs light clutch change

monaco 172
Hi guys. Well I completed my clutch change, drove it to work this morning and now have the abs light.

Now I'm pretty sure that the issue is that when I undid the pinch bolt I rotated the steering wheel a few times when reconnecting the joint and I recon this had knocked out my steering angle sensor.

I have just had the steering wheel off and turned the sensor back to the point where the blue marker turns yellow, then another half a turn.

But still got the abs light on.

Could I have knackered the sensor by turning the wheel without it connected to the steering rack?

monaco 172
Having been reading about this it seems like I might have knackered the angle sensor by turning it too far. Can they be fixed? Surely it can't be that badly damaged?

Also, do they need recalibrating with clip afterwards?

monaco 172
Nevermind, tried re calibrating the sensor to the yellow dot with the battery connected and all is now well