ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS light comes on intermitantly

BMW E36 328
Over the past few weeks my ABS light has started to come on when i drive the car, it doesnt come on every time i drive it and when it does come on it only comes on after i have been driving it for about 5-10mins, when the car is turned off and back on again it doesnt come back on?

Any ideas?

Check the ABS rings for wear, particularly for cracks/movement. Also check the sensors aren't blocked, and/or your CV boots haven't split and spilt grease. Do you ever get ABS kicking in when it shouldn't, like a grating feeling behind the brake pedal.

BMW E36 328
Check the ABS rings for wear, particularly for cracks/movement. Also check the sensors aren't blocked, and/or your CV boots haven't split and spilt grease. Do you ever get ABS kicking in when it shouldn't, like a grating feeling behind the brake pedal.

Yes the abs does kick when it shouldnt, and yes it feels like its grating, what would that suggest?