ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Rings on Rear Disks

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm in need of some New Rear Disks and Pads for my 182,

I know most buy the Disks with the ABS Rings already pressed in but is this for Speed and Ease or is it because they are difficult to remove and re-press??

Got a friend who's very handy with cars so just wondering if its something we could manage or is it really best to just buy them already in?

Cheers
Andy.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah hoping to call in a favour and get them trade but I just wondered if I could save anymore money aswell but will no doubt buy them pre-pressed,
Cheers.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Been getting some quotes on them so will be going Pre-Pressed... Might just stick some Ferodo DS2500's on for good measure i think :)

I know the Rears don't do alot but I might aswell and I'm sure they will last longer than standard aswell

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Friend is calling around and trying to get Trade and is getting getting a few decent prices but I honestly can't remeber what he said now :eek:

He's trying afew more places tomorrow aswel lthough so I will report back on that,

Only £95+ VAT from Renault now which is good compared to what they used to be.

Just been looking at Aftermarket Pads and they aren't too cheap TBH so I may rethink my decisions but we shall see, Brakes are Important afterall :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
i removed mine and put them back with no problems :cool:

Some Shizz about Heating them and not twisting them etc. and if I buggered up I'd have to wait to get some more and I need my car everyday so I'm thinking pay the Money and take no risks.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
K will do.... Hes tried places suchas CAS, GSF, K-Tec, Renault etc. just to give you an idea on who to try.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just another Quick Question.... My Mate has just left me a Voicemail about Bearings.... Will I need New One's? Are they Part of the Disk and ABS Rings?

I'm useless at stuff like this :eek:

PH1 172
Just another Quick Question.... My Mate has just left me a Voicemail about Bearings.... Will I need New One's? Are they Part of the Disk and ABS Rings?

I'm useless at stuff like this :eek:

Just buy the disc with the abs rings and wheel bearings already fitted and you will have a very easy job on your hands and not a pain in the arse job for not much of a saving :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
OK so Iwill need the Bearings Pre-Pressed and the ABS Rings Fitted yeah?

make sure the rear discs have the bearings pressed in mate, we had a minor accident, trying to fit discs to a 172 cup at the weekend, brought he discs and pads assuming the bearings would be easy to get pressed in, but wasn't so easy as we thought, however if you've got someone who can press the bearings in and out at a garage then, its an easy job!

Monaco 172
motaquip ones are 90 inv vat, rings and bearings fitted if ou can find a dealer for them. they have a renault part number stamped under them, apparently just traded under a diff name.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Getting them Cheaper than that with Bearings and ABS Rings already Fitted from Renault :)

Cheapo Rear Pads fro now aswell as Funds are Tight thenw I'll upGrade the pads when i Buy New Pads fro the front

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah getting some from CAS or somewhere??

Will probably get DS2500's all round when my Fronts need re-doing but Insurance is looming so Funds are tight :(

i got ds2500 on the front and they are pretty good, and mintex on the rear. ive got insurance and tax in the same week, and only just had the mot done aswell, I dont like may :(