ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Sensor fault finding

Hi,

I remember a while ago I had an issue with ABS and I was able to find a diagram showing the ABS plug on the clio where you could check the resistance to see if a sensor has failed.

Does anyone know where this diagram is?

Cheers
James

I don't think you'll need a diagram. If you just look at the wires you should find where they connect.

On the rear the wiring from each sensor comes together around the rear beam toward the passenger side where there is a pair of connectors - unplug here and check. The loom then runs under the car on the passenger side of the exhaust to a different conector - again you could unplug here and check (Mine was contaminated with water from flooding and was causing me issues just recently and cleaning this connection out solved it). On the front the wires from the sensors pass from the wheel arch behind the inner arch plastic, easy to pull it a little to gain access to the conectors....

No need for a diagram in my experience.

Im thinking of where they plug into the ABS controller under the bonnet, im sure i was able to test the resistances there before.

Well if the fault lies in that remaining section of the wiring I can see why you'd want to ckeck but I think it's unlikley. If it's just resistences youre checking, then do as above.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
There is a plug, follow the loom down the n/s under the car to the front and just before the subframe there should be a grey plug. If you get what I mean lol.