ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS/SERV/ESP lights still on after sensor swap

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys.
Scratching my head on this one.
The above lights came on and my code reader gave me DF 006 FR wheel speed sensor.
Fitted new sensor, cleaned ring and checked all connectors but the lights won’t go out even after deleting the code.
Also the data shows a reading for all 4 sensors so I’m at a loss what to try next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Andy.

78557228-5113-44C9-A43B-6DC568094414.jpeg
5047BCBF-4DDF-4CB8-A657-03679D6D9A0C.jpeg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that.
I only went around the block. Going to go for a longer drive in a bit and report back.
Try to get to over 30mph for a little while. Forget which car I had that needed that, but it wanted 30mph steady for a little bit.

However, thinking back to my car - I had a cracked and dirty ABS ring. The light would occasionally come on but would go off after a key cycle, no driving needed. I would probably try having the battery off to see if you can get the light to clear.

What sensor have you fitted?

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Try to get to over 30mph for a little while. Forget which car I had that needed that, but it wanted 30mph steady for a little bit.

However, thinking back to my car - I had a cracked and dirty ABS ring. The light would occasionally come on but would go off after a key cycle, no driving needed. I would probably try having the battery off to see if you can get the light to clear.

What sensor have you fitted?
Good shout on the battery as not tried that.
Bought an aftermarket Lemark sensor which someone on here said worked well.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Get clip on it and it will give you more info. Sensor or wiring related if it wont clear at a guess.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Further update on this.
On closer inspection while cleaning the abs ring I noticed the outside cv boot had a slit and was leaking grease. Bugger!
Bit the bullet and bought a new Shaftec driveshaft. Being the offside it wasn’t too difficult to swap over but the bloody lights still won’t go out after disconnecting the battery and trying to delete via my icarsoft unit.
Looks like I’m going to have to get her hooked up to a clip unit.