ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, Traction control and serv light always on!

As in the title, my ABS, traction control and service warning light keep coming on when im driving, i turn the car off and back it goes away but it always comes back on.
Have no idea what the prob is, just had new rear brakes fitted, could it be the sensor or just faulty electronics?
Any help is appreciated
cheers

clio 182 with cup
Mine was the same - it was a relay somewhere but a diagnostic tester should point it out Cheers

Clio 182 arctic
i had a similar problem a while back but without the abs light. when i turned the car off all was fine but a little further own the road and the lights returned. someone suggested the brake lamp switch above the brake pedal. this was correct and ive never had the problem since. its in the guides section and im pretty sure this is your problem.

clio 172
Brake pedal switch is the normal solution, but in rare cases like mine it's the active yaw sensor. Most garages don't have a clue but fyi it is located under the brake handle cover (I assume 172/182) it's a black box with an electrical connector. A bit of a wiggle of this connector usually sorts it out. The sensor itself costs about £350 and then needs expert calibration.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
As in the title, my ABS, traction control and service warning light keep coming on when im driving, i turn the car off and back it goes away but it always comes back on.
Have no idea what the prob is, just had new rear brakes fitted, could it be the sensor or just faulty electronics?
Any help is appreciated
cheers

Does it only come back on once you get to about 3000rpm ?

It's A Reno
I had the same thing. It was a fretted through sensor wire which was earthing.