ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, Traction control and Service light on??

Clio 182
Hi

I have recently had a problem with the fuse blowing for the ABS which in the end turned out to be a short for the seatbelt buzzer. Now, this problem has been sorted and the fuse doesnt blow but since it has been fixed I have had other problems:

The ABS light is on
The Amber service light is on
The Traction control light is on
The Computer doesnt fully work

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Cheers

Jon

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same, except the computer one.

Diagnostics said it was a faulty sensor, but turned out to be a dirty sensor and bad connection.

I'd get it on the diagnostics tbh

Clio 182
Ok, Ill have a look at the sensors and discs but I have a feeling its some sort of electronic problem as it has occured whilst the same fuse for the abs had gone. I have a RStuner but it doesnt come up with any fault. I was told it could have something to do with the brake pedal switch? Or could I do with flashing the ECU

CHeers

S4 Avant
If it's a fault with an ABS sensor (which mine was) the RS Tuner won't be able to read it. Something to do with a seperate computer.

Mine needed a new ABS sensor, which cured it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was told not to stick a multimeter across an abs sensor while it is connected, remove it completely then test it i was told.

I dont know how you would test it tbh (never seen an abs sensor, the garage i went to was cheap enough to let them do it), presume you are checking for continuity (i.e. no breaks in the ring?)

Clio 182
Cheers for that mate. Checked the sensors with a multimeter and they are about 1200 ohms. 1 of the rear sensors was reading open circuit so this is probably faulty. How do I remove the sensor though? It looks as if the whole hob needs taking off just to get the sensor out.

Also, will a sensor of any clio with abs be ok to get? Or will it have to come off a clio 182?

Cheers

Renault Clio 172
Had this problem around a month back after changing rear discs, ABS senor went and I went to EuroCar Parts 3 times cause they had given me the wrong one! So in the end went to Renault and had the proper part for £115, so only the one for your car will fit not off any clio fella!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine ocassionally comes on,always in the rain - i m guessing water or crap getting on the sensor?
Always goes off again!
Probably the same problem i had, dirty sensor/contacts.

I'd get them cleaned up since you need abs/traction most in the rain i would think.

weemark

ClioSport Club Member
  197 CUP
I think i am experiencing this same problem, if i start the car with my foot on the brake all is fine, as soon as i take my foot of the brake the traction control light and service lights come on :(. also my cruise control works when it feels like it! Does this sound like the same fault?

clio trophy No56
My ol 182 used to do this, apparently it was the brake pedal sensor, quick trip to Reno stealers sorted it.

I had the same problem yesterday on drive home from work.... Turned the engine off in a trafic jam and was rolling on the brake. When I turned the engine back on... The service light was on, abs and traction cntrl light???!??

I got home and turned the engine off, then back on and they had gone out??

Hope the Magic Ren. has fixed its self :S

weemark

ClioSport Club Member
  197 CUP
Ive just realised that the traction ctrl and service light come on aswel as the cruise control going off whenever my lights come on - either automatically or manually :( wtf?

172 sport
went over a speed bump bit too fast and my lights came on. tirned off engine for a few minutes and all was ok, guess it was a sensor

weemark

ClioSport Club Member
  197 CUP
I fixed it for good - hopefully :). For a year now ive been running with l.e.d rear brake/tail lights, no fault for the whole time but guess the computer decided this week that they werent drawing enough current haha. Put standard bulbs in and jobs a good un :D

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
I have this problem on my 182. Ignition off and re-start and the lights disappear. Is the sensor easy to get to clean etc. I want to try this before i go to a garage if i can.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
There is some sort of connector under the front of the car, could just need cleaning.

This is what happened to mine, it got full of water so sometimes put the light on, garage sorted it so dont know exactly where it is but he said its common on clios.

Monaco RS Clio 172
mines both been on for about 2 months

cars cost me SO MUCH going wrong in the last few months I can't spend any more on it til next year

I'm picking it up today after blowing a spark plug on a similar note

I think it's just french shite tbqfh ;)

time to tidy it up and sell the mofo

I've bought it about 3 times

/rant

I do apologise I don't usually make posts like this

mine started intermittently (lights) then they just stay on now, not until I first touch the brake though.

CTR anyone?