ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Absolutley fuming

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Was involved in a accident on the 18/8/2010 were i was approaching a street were my mate live's and a purple rover came flying up the other way round the bend on my side of the road and into me. Damage aint that bad damaged bumper and the big block behind the bumper has snapped completly.

So as you do i took all her details and she said she had to go, so she went i called the police reported it and had to go to the station the next day. Called my insurance the next morning to report it and that was it.

Called few weeks see what was happening with the claim and nothing, she still had not told her insurance about the accident and iv been left to wait :mad:

Finally i was soo pissed off as it had been over 2 months and still no reply i called my insurance they said court letters etc have gone out yet she hasnt responded, and that they will have to push things harder over the weekend. Monday a call came through but i wasnt in to take it, called today and suprise suprise it wasnt good news. I now have to go through MIB to claim, as her insurance said on the date of the accident the car was not insured, yet was then insured a few days after.

Im absolutley fuming about the whole situation as i will be £300 out of pocket as MIB wont pay the first 300 of the claim, so this leaves me with more s**t on my hands to get a small claims court procedings under way to get the 300 back off her :mad: and after small claims i still wont get a penny, Arghhh

rant over

Get the police involved?

I know how your feeling though. It took the woman that crashed into me 9 weeks to report it. WTF!!!!!!!

Mean while I was down about a grand and a half in excess and premium due to my ncb being revoked etc.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
do you have legal protection included in your policy. See if you are able to get them to do all the legwork on your behalf...

Oil Burner
I dont believe it matters, if you have her details then your insurer will claim off hers. If she doesn't reply or communicate with her insurer then she wont get a chance to give her side and the claim will go in your favour.

I had this happen when a van pulled out on me. He gave me his details, my insurer confirmed they were genuine and he held a policy with this other company. However he never reported the claim, it took a few months of him not responding and eventually the claim went in my favour - his insurer paid out. Ironically it was probably an easier outcome for me as otherwise i think he could of got away with 50/50.

None :(
I now have to go through MIB to claim, as her insurance said on the date of the accident the car was not insured, yet was then insured a few days after.

So if a police car pulls someone over and they have no insurance, they normaly get screwed. This lady crashed into you, without insurance, and gets away with everything until you take her to a small claims court.......that aint fair! I'm supprised the police didn't check our her details when you reported it? Alarm bells should of been ringing back then!

I can see why you are fuming mate! :(

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
yee i have gone through my legal cover tbh they aint the best, but i have to use them.

@halufrauds... police have been told and its up to them now to get her licence revoked, when i reported it the daft cow on the phone took the last digit of the reg as 6 instead of 8, so when i was at the cop shop next day they couldnt trace the car. As you say claim off her insurance i cant, due to the vehicle not insured on the day of the accident, a couple of days after the accident the car was insured but in a male's name there was no mention of a female on the policy atall so im screwed there.

Im awaiting the paperwork through now so i can claim from MIB but im also goin to get her into small claims so i can get my 300 back, she only lives 2/3miles up the road so i can easily pop up,

pics of damage is not worth posting its only a big pinkish mark on the bumper with cracks and the big block missing from the back of it,

Vw caddy tdi
Knock on her door give her the chance to pay up and avoid court proceeding+ costs. If not screw her for all you can get.