ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

accelerator button???

On my cup if i push the accelerator peddle down it stops at the bottom but if i push a bit harder theres like a button or something. Its like something you would find on a auto, i assume this is the same for all 172 cup's but was just wondering what it is.

GW RS200
Hehehe I have been meanin to ask this myself as a few weeks back I noticed that my 172 FF has exactly the same thing! Anyone know what it is?

S.

182, 1.9 GTI
Have that on my 182 its for breaking out of the cruise control or speed limiter. Not sure if its the same for your car?

Ad

MK2 FRS
my 12 had it, bud didnt have cruise, however, it does break the speed limiter on the cuise on my 182.

M

mij29

Are you talkin about the black thing under the peddle? I thought it was just to save the carpet under the peddle when you floor it. Mine hasn't got cruise control.

Its a swuicth to switch off the cruise control/speed limiter. its fitted to them all even if you don't have cruise as its cheaper to do that than make a specail pedal just for none crusie etc owners (Ok you could use the old pedal design from the early 172's but that not worth it).

K now thats sorted lol. Im looking to slam my 2003 1.2 just so it's looks bit better, wanna know the best and cheapest springs, i have seen the 'Ultimate' springs on the K-Tech website for like £65 will this do the trick? an is that front and back? + how easy to fit?

Matt_Pleece said:
K now thats sorted lol. Im looking to slam my 2003 1.2 just so it's looks bit better, wanna know the best and cheapest springs, i have seen the 'Ultimate' springs on the K-Tech website for like £65 will this do the trick? an is that front and back? + how easy to fit?
Pi springs are probably the cheapest.
Not difficult to fit though 2hours or so depends how competant you are.

Matt_Pleece said:

Impressive thread hijack there! Straight in, no f**king about lol

On the subject of this 'pedal button' thing I've noticed it too but thought it was just a stop. However I did seem to gain a bit more pedal travel when I really pushed down on it a couple of times, but this is probably just my imagination.

edde said:
Its a swuicth to switch off the cruise control/speed limiter. its fitted to them all even if you don't have cruise as its cheaper to do that than make a specail pedal just for none crusie etc owners (Ok you could use the old pedal design from the early 172's but that not worth it).

my Ph1 172 has it, although none of the range had Cruise control back then?

Does the button actually go down/depress? If it does'nt its just a stop. If it does, whats the point on a car not equiped with cruise control?

172 Cup
It's quite simple. The part (that being the "button") is a generic part and is used on various models.

Quite naturally they are not going to design another peice simply for those cars without cruise control so it's used on all models regardless of whether they have cruise control or not.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its just a button that does nothing . I had it on my 172 before cruise was fitted to the RS range . Its also has no effect on the speed limiter , to over ride the speed limiter you press the accelerator pedal hard and this over rides it , but you don't have to press the pedal to the floor / button to do this . As for disengaging cruise control , pressing either the brake pedal or clutch pedal will do this , not the button on the floor .

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont lower it on the cheap you'll regret it, save a bit for a decent kit or atleast get some good quality springs then change the dampers when you can afford to.