ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accessory belt change

I'm having a spot of bother getting my dealer to service my 172 as it says in the service schedule.

During my 36000 mile service they did a standard Clio service and not a 172 one and so missed off changing the accessories belt and pulleys. I took it back and asked them to replace the accessories belt and pulleys, as it says in the schedule. However, on the receipt I got afterwards, it says they changed the 'alternator drive belt'. Is this just another name for the same part, or are they two completely different things?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yep alternator drive belt another name for the AUX belt.

You can usualy tell as its not checp to chnage the belt unless its a Cup.

Yep alternator drive belt another name for the AUX belt.

You can usualy tell as its not checp to chnage the belt unless its a Cup.

wots different with the cup?

Different setup there more space to work on them as there no air con pumps in the way also the belt tensoner is by adjusting the alternator no tensionsers at all.

Cheers, that has put my mind at rest.

I couldn't tell how much it cost as they changed it for free in the end, which is a good thing as it still ended up costing a fortune for the standard Clio service, despite them missing off the belt change.