ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

according to the ZR group they think the ZR is better then the 182...

a guy up my bit has a big mg Green and white thing...

looks like a rally/race car big spoiler stickers etc...

does anyone know wot it is, is it faster than a 172/182..??

Picture30.gif

says MG racing up it

A red missile
Kiev85 said:

Picture30.gif

says MG racing up it

Yeah and it says tetleys on some buses but i've never been able to get a pint on one!

Faster or not (which i doubt) i'd feel a right spaz driving that hunk 'o' dump.

Ph-Sold!
Kiev85 said:

Picture30.gif

says MG racing up it

Is this around the Brighton area? Looks awfully like an MG ZS with stickers, really wouldn't get too excited although the 2.5V6 is OK for power, I'm guessng money went on badging it up rather than buying a decent model to start with.

Edit: it actually is the 2.5!!

Kiev85 said:

Picture30.gif

says MG racing up it

base on the rover 400 series ,zs 180 possibly ,

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
If the clios a bad car, how come Rover/MG Group went tits up. the cars hardly change since it first came out, it was bad then and its still bad now ;)

Elise/VX220/R26
lol you have to laugh at "X power" that was the plan for the next generation of the ZR/S/T range if rover ever tripled their R&D Budget to £3.50

Leon Cupra R 225
looks and class LMFAO!!! R.I.P any MG or Rover on the planet. The Chav's that own any of the "Z" series need re-educating.

Leon Cupra R 225
ppysjrh said:
I think it was Clarkson who said the ZR looked like a Rover 25 that had crashed into Halfords. Of the Clio 182, he said "The 182bhp 2 litre engine pulls with planetary torque from low revs and sings power ballads at the top end, but the car’s real party piece is its handling. It seems to go round any corner at whatever speed takes your fancy."

That makes me smile more about how glad I am I've never ventured anywhere near MG's/Rovers... :approve:

tommyboy said:
What exactly does X power stand for anyway? Im guessing even MG don't know...

miss print should be ex-power lol

there is a guy at work who thinks his zs180 is the bee's b****cks, lol he has doen quite alot to it and i can still out accelerate it LOL, even he says the zr is s**t though LOL

I realy like them I wanted to buy one till i realsied I couldn't fit in one comfortably.

Lee off here was trying to arrange a MG VS RS friendly track day until Rover discovered they couldn't keeep the doors of the factory open due to the huge demand they had.

I've just checked the stock market and Renault seems to be worth more than the £10 that Rover was worth a few years ago.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
:rofl:

Why on earth would you want a car that's getting on for 25 years old before you even drive it off the forecourt? It bothers me that anyone would buy such a car.....IT'S A ROVER 25 FFS!! And with a bodykit like that it's got about as much class as a shellsuit.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Kiev85 said:

Picture30.gif

says MG racing up it
lol ! ive seen it around ! never at more than 30 mph mind.

one word though ... Rover !

ah...

thought it was one of x power racing or whatever they call its cars...

i remember the sold off everything including race cars and stuff in a big auction...

but looking at the width of the touring car things, its not as fat...

Monaco Blue 172
Russ_16v said:
a mate has a zr160 and i have to say it is a nice car,i know its a rover underneath,but alot of people say underneath a clio is a girls car lol,we all know this isnt true but of course they are going to defend the mg,exactly as u guys have done hear,now the 160's are pretty quick,flat as a fart till 4.5k but great over that,and handle well,so all in all they are not bad cars,straight line i dont think they will be worlds behind a clio,but again it all depends on what floats ya boat :)
exactly, why wouldnt they defend the ZR? otherwise they would be driving clio's instead.
horses for courses (and thats coming from a former rover owner ;))
rover is no better or worse than renault imo!
u guys have plenty to complain about with ur steering wheels melting etc!
thats never happened to any of the rover cars in my family (tho i wont deny they have other problems!)

Ford Focus ST2
I am class as a chav as i owned one for 1 year, but then swapped to a liquid yellow 182?

Monaco Blue 172
who cares? must u be defined by the car u had/have? :boring: :rasp: all this competitive bullshit gets us nowhere, its as pointless as street racing

Lionel Richie
the chassis is based on a 20+year old design and the engines are shite

handling?? they don't is the simple answer

Lee

BMW M2C
edde said:
I realy like them I wanted to buy one till i realsied I couldn't fit in one comfortably.

Lee off here was trying to arrange a MG VS RS friendly track day until Rover discovered they couldn't keeep the doors of the factory open due to the huge demand they had.

I've just checked the stock market and Renault seems to be worth more than the £10 that Rover was worth a few years ago.

I'd forgotten all about that. I seem to remember it all fell down when the Rover dealer who was going arrange and pay for the day either went out of business or found that Rover themselves had folded. Shame really, the Trophy would have spanked it into next week around Curborough.

I used to have a 200Vi. Fast in a straight line, and quite nice seats. Think that's about it really.