ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acer Laptops - Reliability/Warranty?

S2000
I'm guessing a few users on here will have acer laptops, if so how have they been in terms of reliability and how long have you had them?

I've read some really mixed views on Acer laptops so not sure what viewpoint to take. Also, if anyone has had warranty work done how was the service/turnaround time?

The reason I'm asking is that I've come across a very well spec'd acer laptop which would really give me more than I need within my budget, and I see that you can get extended warranties but have read of a few problems in getting any warranty work done by acer.

On the other hand I am looking at a dell Inspiron laptop for the same price which will also do everything I need but doesn't have so many gadgets (no bluetooth, blueray, webcam, graphics car etc). However, I know from experience Dell are excellent with any warranty issues and for a reasonable price I can get one with a 3 year warranty.

Basically if I felt confident in the Acer/their warranty I would buy it without doubt but as I want something that will last I'm thinking of the Dell system.

Any suggestions/info appreciated.

Black RS200
Had about 3 acer laptops/netbooks, all still work, never had any probs with them. They are good for the price you pay as they are so cheap.
As for warranty as i said, never had any probs and for the price i think id just go and buy another one if broke.
To round up, good spec for a good price. Yes there are plenty others out there far better but you will pay far more for them (and only get the same use out of them)

Fabia vrs tdi
we use an acer aspire 5720, was really cheap from tescos, never had any problems with it and its pretty solid

battery life on this one aint great but thats the only badpoint i can think of

oh and had it around 15months now

S2000
Thanks folks. That's the thing, everyone I know who has had an Acer has said they are fine/not had a problem but I'm really put off by their after-sales etc.

Any more opinions welcome, hoping to buy one or the other tomorrow before VAT jumps up again.

S2000
Personally I'd go for a budget toshiba/compaq before trying out Acer.

Had a look at a few toshiba/compaq ones but I can get a better spec'd Dell system for the same price and as I've had Dell before I'm inclined to go that way.

I'm using a Acer 1810tz, fantastic little 11.6" mini laptop. Not really classed as a Netbook as it has a Intel Pentium Dual Core ULV SU4100 & 3GB RAM, plus I'm getting 8 hours out of it on 1 charge! Can't fault it if you are after a Ultra Portable.

My experiances are good, but as with all makes, people have good/bad times!

corsa ecoflex
Im sat here using my acer aspire 5920..ive had it for nearly 2 years now and have never had a problem with it....i would highly recommend an acer if your on a budget

Bux

Golf GTD
Im sat here using my acer aspire 5920..ive had it for nearly 2 years now and have never had a problem with it....i would highly recommend an acer if your on a budget

Ive got an Acer Aspire 5920 too. Ive had it 2 years aswell. The only problem ive had is software related, so i just installed Windows 7 and it works really well now. Can't fault it at all.

DCi 100
What sort of thing would you get for mid 300's or so in laptops? Completely out of touch with the stuff as I've had this one for 4 years now!

2000 Clio 172
I had 2, the build quality was terrible, the only reason I had 2 is one broke and it was replaced. I would steer clear...

S2000
I had 2, the build quality was terrible, the only reason I had 2 is one broke and it was replaced. I would steer clear...

How was the process in getting a replacement?

As I say warranty is my main concern. Every laptop I've had in the past has needed some warranty work so I always try and have a look at how they are for this before buying, but Acer just seem to be crap from that point of view from what I have heard.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
The rents have a 9300 series. Just over 2 years and it's dieing. Will only boot 4/10 times. I think it's the motherboard.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
acer imo are s**t and have terrible build wuality and reliability. You get what you pay for

S2000
I went for a dell system in the end, will wait and see but think I'll be more than happy with it.

Thanks for the input folks.

clio sport f1 r27
my acer aspire 6930g is currently in the post wont switch on before that it kept loading up then switching off again before that it was great though :(