ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

achievable bhp standard induction

phase 1 172
my ph1 planned mods are (if its worthwhile)

matched inlets to gasket
ph1 airbox k & n filter (washable so its a no brainer)
upgraded CAF
power steering delete
a/c delete
catcams
182 manifold straight through to rear silencer (standard for now ubtil i hear it with its cat and centre removed)

custom map after to suit
iv ordered/have all but the catcams il have them whacked in when i get the belt done

whats the ball park figure im hoping she'll make 200 but am i being optomistic?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Not that it hugely matters, but which catcams and who is doing the work / mapping as that part will make a huge difference?

On a reputable dyno I'd say anywhere between 185 to 193ish.....

Will depend a lot on the existing health of the engine / what it makes now as to whether it makes a hugely noticeable difference power wise, but it will drive noticeably different. I loved the 'pull' of the cams at higher revs on mine.

phase 1 172
still looking into cams/belts joby atm i believe rs tunning can supply fit and map drive in drive out

they engines on 106k , now am.i maybe pushing the old thing a tad to far?

phase 1 172
Ultimately its the midrange grunt thats more important

Torque figures should be good on the above tom i believe yours is circa 175lb ft