ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic valve...

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
I know this has been discussed couple times, but i need to know how the acoustic valve goes back onto the car, pictures would be ideal.

Car has been repaired but came back with couple bits not on propperly as per.

So yer, acoustic valve, pictures of how it should be, possibly without headlight to be more specific, and how the horn should be as well, needs to be right, you know this.

And for those thinking it, yes this is a fresh edit of my previous thread where i named the wrong part, sorry.

BLK RSC172
afaik = as far as i know..
take off the LHS wheel.
remove inner plastic guard..
unbolt the acoustic valve
plug up vacume hole.
disconect the electrical section from the bracket...
and reconnect the electrical bit and place some where..
put acoustic valve some where safe..

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
afaik = as far as i know..
take off the LHS wheel.
remove inner plastic guard..
unbolt the acoustic valve
plug up vacume hole.
disconect the electrical section from the bracket...
and reconnect the electrical bit and place some where..
put acoustic valve some where safe..

I need to put it back on propperly, not take it off.

Thanks.

Clio 200 Cup
How does the acoustic valve work?

I mean, does it shut when there is vaccuum in the plenum chamber or does it open?

If it shuts when it "sees" vaccuum then could you just clamp the vacuum hose with something so that it sever sees a vaccuum and therefore never shuts?

I know it sounds lazy but it might be an interesting way of doing a quick comparison on a dyno.

Da

Less
It's shut at cold from memory, to keep induction noise down. It opens once warmed up.

I think :eek:

Clio 200 Cup
It's shut at cold from memory, to keep induction noise down. It opens once warmed up.

I think :eek:

Im not so sure, I followed the 8mm thick pipe from the valve to the plenum chamber - that can only mean vaccuum

They definately run a bit funny when they are cold tho but I dont think thats related to the poostick valve

:)