ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic Valve

Focus ST-2
This might be a daft question, been trawling through old posts about this too. Basically I want to remove the acoustic valve on my car, I've been told it can make a difference in power by removing this, where is it and what does it look like? Don't want to break my car or take something off that I shouldn't!

Focus ST-2
Yeah thought that's where it was, just wanted to check there was nothing else there I might want to look out for not to break or take off the car when I shouldn't.

Golf GTD Mk7
makes no difference power wise mate. Noise wise also no difference really. Make sure you pug up the vacume hose at the plenum or the idle will be high. Only thing you might get of benefit is a bit of weight saving really.

Golf GTD Mk7
Yeah well the other reason I'm after removing it is so I can stick a CAF down there.

Standard caf is alreay there and you can't fit anything bigger with or without the acoustic really. 70mm max i'd say. Its the stupid headlight that gets in the way :mad:

182 Full of Fat
Removed mine twice both with standard box and a pipercross filter, never noticed any difference what so ever so put it back in.