ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Active Sub

Mk2 1.6
im looking to buy an active sub for my car, currently have sony speakers replacing all stock speakers along with a pioneer aftermarket headunit. Just wondering what people think i should go for with a budget or around £200 max but ideally £150.

Clio 1.4RT
Vibe CBR10 new is £160 - perfect for the job. CBR12 you can pick up for about 200 new. Both are best in their class for actice subs.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Is an active sub a definite requirement? Can get some really good sub+amp deals for that money

Mk2 1.6
Is an active sub a definite requirement? Can get some really good sub+amp deals for that money

yes ideally i would like a active sub just dont want too many things in my boot . But i suppose if there are any really good deals with subs and amps i may consider it.

"Navy" N17 TWO
For a £150 - £200 budget it's only really going to be a cheap "it will do the job" purchase.

I'd go for Pioneer over Vibe anyhow

"Navy" N17 TWO
If you can afford it - hell yes!

I was going to get this when choosing my first sub :)
Sounds really good

Clio 1.4
Hmm £200 not willing to push it a extra £50 - £75?

Small difference in price in my eyes, but will make a massive difference in sound and listening pleasure :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
All depends what the overall aim is for the car, and how far you want to go with your sound setup.

I'm guessing ZanClio just wants a decent cheap setup that's practical - maybe easy to take out for more room?

What HU & speakers have you got in?

Mk2 1.6
I have a pioneer headunit unsure of specific model and sony speakers all round. Just want the sub for a bit of extra bass. Also think that alpine one looks nice where as them vibe ones that were suggested look a bit tacky and ugly.

Gammer - What would you suggest for £50 more, the budget can be stretched rather easily