ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam.R's Megane 225

So, I started my driving life in a 1.2 Clio, perfect first car, and great fun to zip around in. I had the car for 3 years, but then February of this year my insurance was up for renewal. A friend of a friend was after a new car, I was in the market for a new car, so thought it would be the perfect time to sell. Which I did.

I then found myself rocking around in my dads old R reg Nissan Primera. Although it's an absolute shed, I love driving it, liked the "big car" feel of it, and so much more comfortable on long journeys than the Clio ever was. This completely changed my outlook on the car I wanted, as I had always had my heart set on a 197.

So last weekend, I went and picked this up...

6043059329_090cb4cd98.png

IMG_3504 by arandall90, on Flickr

6043610580_9a3dc0eb2a.png

IMG_3505 by arandall90, on Flickr

6043069447_87b3bbe868.png

IMG_3506 by arandall90, on Flickr

6043622054_7b8b6b0ca6.png

IMG_3507 by arandall90, on Flickr

6043079315_f199825b1c.png

IMG_3508 by arandall90, on Flickr

6043082575_717f8d04e1.png

IMG_3509 by arandall90, on Flickr

6043085495_2d6ba2a366.png

IMG_3510 by arandall90, on Flickr

6043088769_78c1781c57.png

IMG_3511 by arandall90, on Flickr

6043096937_e8e62bf71d.png

IMG_3513 by arandall90, on Flickr

Having owned the car for just over a week now, I can honestly say I am loving every minute of it.

Such a good car for cruising to work on the motorway. Really quiet inside sat in 6th gear, and surprisingly very good on fuel when doing this. Power is also there as soon as it's needed. It has a lot of pull for overtaking etc and does so with ease. The leather seats are snug, supportive and very comfortable. Little things such as the centre arm rest make journey's that bit more enjoyable.

It is also equally good on A/B roads. The torque is great, it pulls in any gear from low down, and once the boost kicks in, it's even better.

I haven't yet pushed the car enough to be able to comment fully on handling etc, but I get more and more confident driving it day after day.

No plans at the moment. I am likely to be keeping it fairly standard, maybe a remap somewhere down the line, but nothing major. To me, it's perfect as it is.

Comments and opinions are all appreciated :)

Adam.

Mini Cooper S sport
Looks lovely! Seats are very nice too.

Out of interest, what's the stereo/speakers like on them, the R26 one was dog poo.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
nice car that andx even nicer cabin the radio is dog poo though same hu in mine and speakers and there pants

RB One Eight Two
Such a lovely car. Lovely colour and really like that roof. My next car will deffinately be a Meg RS, so much character!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Very nice. When the time comes to sell mine its on my list. If you dont mind me asking what sort of ball park figure did you pay for it? Genuinely curious, hope you dont mind.:)

Dan

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Pity theres not a computer system to check if a potentiol purchase hes been ragged to an inch of its life. That would be superb lol

Dan

So went out to the staff car park on Friday at lunch to find some utter helmet from my work has hit my front end and scuffed up the nearside of the bumper.

No one is owning up to it, so looks like I'm going to have to fork out the money myself to get it sorted.

:mad:

Following on from the above, took the car to the bodyshop a few weeks back and all got sorted. Did a really good job of it which pleased me, blended it all in very well. (Although I'm sure some of you lot on here would be able to tell the difference easily ;))

So yesterday morning I got in to set off for work, and as I was pulling away I heard what I think was water "sloshing around" from what sounded like behind the dash?! I thought it was just me being paranoid, but I heard it a further 2-3 times and it then stopped.

Got back in the car to drive home from work, again heard the water very briefly a few times before it stopped. I got to a familiar stretch of road I know and put my foot down, to be greeted by wet feet as water came down from where the pedals are and onto my feet/footwell. Not a massive amount, but enough to feel it soak through my shoes!

When I got home, I popped the bonnet to have a look around (I'm no mechanic), removed some of the leaves and general s**t from around the drainage holes etc and left it at that.

Got back in the car this morning to find the footwell slightly damp, as well as the same noise of water sloshing around?!

Anybody have any ideas?! I know these cars suffer from leaks etc, vaguely remember seeing someone had posted a guide on here about the leaks a while ago?

Any help is appreciated, what with all this wet weather we are having I don't want to have to worry about finding my footwell swimming in water.

340i
Following on from the above, took the car to the bodyshop a few weeks back and all got sorted. Did a really good job of it which pleased me, blended it all in very well. (Although I'm sure some of you lot on here would be able to tell the difference easily ;))

So yesterday morning I got in to set off for work, and as I was pulling away I heard what I think was water "sloshing around" from what sounded like behind the dash?! I thought it was just me being paranoid, but I heard it a further 2-3 times and it then stopped.

Got back in the car to drive home from work, again heard the water very briefly a few times before it stopped. I got to a familiar stretch of road I know and put my foot down, to be greeted by wet feet as water came down from where the pedals are and onto my feet/footwell. Not a massive amount, but enough to feel it soak through my shoes!

When I got home, I popped the bonnet to have a look around (I'm no mechanic), removed some of the leaves and general s**t from around the drainage holes etc and left it at that.

Got back in the car this morning to find the footwell slightly damp, as well as the same noise of water sloshing around?!

Anybody have any ideas?! I know these cars suffer from leaks etc, vaguely remember seeing someone had posted a guide on here about the leaks a while ago?

Any help is appreciated, what with all this wet weather we are having I don't want to have to worry about finding my footwell swimming in water.

I posted the guide...

Your scuttle panel drain holes will be blocked, meaning there will be a substantial amount of water sloshing around the scuttle area.. and then its running in the cabin through the heater matrix / blower hole in the cabin.

you need to sort this ASAP to avoid big problems! i.e. wet carpets / sound deadening, electrical problems and the smell of wet dog ;)

Read Post 8 in the below:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-footwell-(2008-Megane)&p=8044939#post8044939