ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam.R's Megane 225

I posted the guide...

Your scuttle panel drain holes will be blocked, meaning there will be a substantial amount of water sloshing around the scuttle area.. and then its running in the cabin through the heater matrix / blower hole in the cabin.

you need to sort this ASAP to avoid big problems! i.e. wet carpets / sound deadening, electrical problems and the smell of wet dog ;)

Read Post 8 in the below:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-footwell-(2008-Megane)&p=8044939#post8044939

Ok cheers for that mate. Is it something I can do myself?

Bear in mind, I have literally no "car fixing" ability whatsoever lol!

Yea I will try and get it sorted ASAP.

Might tackle the scuttle drains tonight and then as soon as we get a dry day go for the interior.

So I tackled the scuttle drains last night with a friend of mine.

Removing the drivers side wiper was an absolute pain the ass, took a good 15 minutes to get it off with a combination of WD40 and man power. Once it was off, the job was relatively easy.

The drains were extremely blocked, and the amount of stagnant water running around the scuttle area was a joke. Got the passenger side drain unblocked very easily, poked some tubing down there and then blasted the hose down which unblocked it all nicely.

The drivers side was a mess, there was so much s**t stuck down the drainage hole. After some poking around and again blasting the hose down, it unblocked and both drains flowed 100% perfectly.

Put the scuttle cover back on, re-attached the wipers and the job was done. All in all was very happy with the result.

Will be doing this at least 1-2 times a year from now on to prevent a major blockage again.

Thanks! :)

I'll do the same from now on to keep it all crap-free!

The carpets were only slightly damp, so didn't do the full drying out inside as described in the thread you posted! Will keep an eye on it though and see how it goes.

Cheers for all the help.

LOL!

It still surprises me that no one has come up with a product of some sort to prevent all the dirt etc getting in to the scuttle and blocking the drainage holes.

So the Meggy went in to the bodyshop today to get a few bits touched up again from when it got hit. Also gone in for its MOT and service at the same time.

Got a call to say it sailed through the MOT no problems, but would in the imminent future need 2 new rear tyres.

Any of you recommend some tyres/best place to buy them? I don't want any of this budget s**t, just a good all rounder that won't cost a fortune!