ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding to the RenaultSport collection ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well we finally bit the bullet and after a fair bit of hunting for the exact spec we wanted and a few PMs to people on here (bmh.01 for one, cheers mate) we've finally bought a 225! :)

Collect it next week, hopefully Wednesday and cant wait!

35k, full leather, heated fronts, climate, cruise, xenons, keyless go etc etc

The pics off the ad

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

This is going to be my wifes car and I'm keeping the 172 as my fun car and going to start using her meg coupe as my daily (47mpg isnt to be sniffed at!)

I know 5 doors are never going to be as popular on here but its what Lorna wanted and tbh it makes sense for us. 3 doors have huge doors anyway ;)

All comments welcome

Cheers
John

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Like these alot, good compromise with the 5dr, keep everyone happy. Looks nice matey

Dan.

BMW E92/Audi S3
.........Looks lovely. They're rare with xenons. Mine came with xenons, I was very lucky!
Nice purchase!

Cupra
5DR, the thinking mans choice. Welcome to the club of dodgy window regs, flooding scuttle panels and many more surprises.
A couple of tips for things that I have to do regularly:

Pull the bottom of the front door seals occasionally to loosen them. They seal themselves quite quickly and you will hear water sloshing around.

When (not if) the windows stop working, the door panels are fairly easy to remove. Put the window regulators in the airing cupboard or somewhere else dry and warm for a week and stick them back in. They'll work again, and it will save you £££. If it doesn't work, swap a working one over to the window which didn't work and put the dodgy one to the other spot and they'll work. I've had to do this 5 times in the last 2 years. All windows are currently working and I haven't had to pay a penny.

Check the drivers side footwell storage compartment after it has been raining. If there is water in the carpet, the the drains in the scuttle are blocked. Remove the plastic cover and stick a hosepipe into the drain on full blast to clear it.

That should cover you for the first couple of weeks at least....

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers lad and thanks for the advice Andy, I'm hitting up MS as well to see what other issues I need to keep an eye out for. I knew about the windows but must admit the leaks are news to me!

Had it confirmed today that we'l pick it up on Wednesday :)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Seen this exact car on Auto Trader just this morning, mustn't have gotten round to taking it off yet! Looks tidy, don't mind the 5 door personally!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
5 doors are made of win! Sooo much better than the 3 doors imo. The 3 doors doors are just too big. Can't get in or out the fcuking car in a supermarket carpark.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great buy dude. I loose track of what the dwj Sisters have!

225 Cup & Williams
5 doors are made of win! Sooo much better than the 3 doors imo. The 3 doors doors are just too big. Can't get in or out the fcuking car in a supermarket carpark.

They are about the same size as the side door on my transit.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
5door 225, love them, like what has been said, window regs are a ball ache, we do atleast 3door looms and regulators a day. Renault currently pay a certain percentage towards the repair though.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks all, and lol at gally on the shampain last night!

Its a 54 plate G3.

Ali, they all work just now but I know its just a matter of time!

Kane, very similar style yes but they're 18s.

Merc
A 5dr 225 was my first contact with the RS 'scene'. Had 5 of us inside and flew! Like these alot.

Still got to ask myself questions why I didn't go for a meg with lovely boost. Oh well, heat of the moment things...

Renault Megane RS225
Congrats mate! Wellcome to the club ;)

From the looks of it though, it has no OEM xenon lights! :(

1.jpg

This one, has them

4942780210_77c0c0ae68_b.jpg

Look at the different headlamp....
Maybe, the one you are buying has aftermarket HIDs..:)

Clio 197
nice , i think i saw this one yesterday on autotrader when we had another thread about 225's & i decided to do a bit of research :approve:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah turns out it doesnt have xenons or HIDs, I must admit I assumed it did due to the headlight washers. Still I'll keep an eye out and get a pair eventually.

Picked it up and really like it, fast, smooth, comfy, big what more could you want?! And still got the clio for when I want fast, bumpy, loud and tiring!