ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adenau, Nurburgring this weekend...

Spotted a couple of Clios whilst at the 'Ring this weekend, some sporting CS stickers:

Blue Gordini striped 197 - MV60 ***

Silver 172?? on Turinis - L11 ***

1236758_10153186949560128_264890788_n.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I did about 9:40 in the mrs daily with 20-something stone of passenger last time without trying too hard when we were there on RSR tyres, im sure sub 9 even on a standard clio 172 on decent rubber wouldnt be out of the question if you try pretty hard.

IIRC I was doing under 9 in porkies one with a passenger when it was standard engine but on decent suspension a few years ago.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Very easy tbh. Did it in mine a few years ago on toyo t1r's. Down in the 8min 30's now in a stripped out cup and kw v2 suspension. Plenty of time left in the tank as well tbh.

Sounds believable to me mate although you must be more committed there than me (or more talented or both!), but I can easily see where i missed a minute, and stripping it out is going to help loads of course.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Will have a watch later :)

Yes track knowledge is everything, Ive only ever done a few hundred laps and they are spread over a ten year period so I am far far far from perfectly familiar with the place although I do have a reasonable idea.

Excellent!

Its normal for me to go over there and do 30+ laps when I'm there tbh which when spread over 10 years + of going soon adds up to a lot of laps!! Lol! I've got to have done in the region of 350-400 laps not including the many thousands done on the ps2....... Lol!

I know every bit of the track in good detail as well. DN day for me next time I think, with the aim of cracking the 8min 20's btg, or faster.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I never time myself there but occasionally glance on videos to see times after I get back, an accident in 2005 put me off every trying hard there again, lol.

Ive heard the playstation is an amazing way to learn, Ive only done a few laps on it but can really see how it would help.

We did 30 ish laps first couple of times we went but I do more like 20 over a long weekend now, I have a much more relaxed outlook to the place these days and no interest in pushing myself just enjoy driving around fairly quickly being a tourist, very different to how I treat combe etc but thats part of what makes it fun to me, its a relaxing holiday not a mad track session.

I didnt get to go at all this year, I think thats only the second year out of the last 9 or 10 that I havent been and I always used to go twice a year or more, sadly these days a combination of being busy and limited finances stops me going more often.

The DN days are great, try and get spa on the trip as well, thats a nice little bonus on the way home :)

Just been watching the video, you're certainly going a lot harder than I do these days since the crash, fair play :)

You ever had an off there? Its not a great experience TBH, lol.

This is only lap I uploaded last time, touristing it around chatting away to bigash:

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I never time myself there but occasionally glance on videos to see times after I get back, an accident in 2005 put me off every trying hard there again, lol.

Ive heard the playstation is an amazing way to learn, Ive only done a few laps on it but can really see how it would help.

We did 30 ish laps first couple of times we went but I do more like 20 over a long weekend now, I have a much more relaxed outlook to the place these days and no interest in pushing myself just enjoy driving around fairly quickly being a tourist, very different to how I treat combe etc but thats part of what makes it fun to me, its a relaxing holiday not a mad track session.

I didnt get to go at all this year, I think thats only the second year out of the last 9 or 10 that I havent been and I always used to go twice a year or more, sadly these days a combination of being busy and limited finances stops me going more often.

The DN days are great, try and get spa on the trip as well, thats a nice little bonus on the way home :)

Just been watching the video, you're certainly going a lot harder than I do these days since the crash, fair play :)

You ever had an off there? Its not a great experience TBH, lol.

This is only lap I uploaded last time, touristing it around chatting away to bigash:

No mate never had an off there but witnessed a biker death first hand. We got arrested on the spot and had to prove our innocence. Video camera in the car ftw, but not a nice experience all the same.

Believe it or not, I wasn't pushing that hard in the 8:31lap either. Possibly looks/sounds worse due to the tyres catching.

I'll have a watch of your video later on! Lol I've seen the picture of him in the passenger seat of your/Lesley's Clio - lol! That is all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've literally done about 20 laps in total so an all out attack on time isn't and wasn't my goal. Just go for the experience and fun.

Maybe that'll change when my clio isn't a daily driver anymore.

Northloop, I watched your video yesterday of that lap, well played.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've literally done about 20 laps in total so an all out attack on time isn't and wasn't my goal. Just go for the experience and fun.

Thats the best way to drive the ring mate tbh.

Thanks! Hope you watched in full HD!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Yeah being in my mrs daily didnt exactly increase the amount of commitment I wanted to show TBH, nor did knowing we had already paid for spa and wouldnt be going if I had an off or a mechanical failure from driving it too hard, lol.

But all excuses aside, im simply not as quick as mr northloop is, even if I was trying, and even if it wasnt a daily etc, he'd still wipe the floor with me!

Another one for me to watch later!
don't get too excited, it's not the best haha.

Yeah being in my mrs daily didnt exactly increase the amount of commitment I wanted to show TBH, nor did knowing we had already paid for spa and wouldnt be going if I had an off or a mechanical failure from driving it too hard, lol.

But all excuses aside, im simply not as quick as mr northloop is, even if I was trying, and even if it wasnt a daily etc, he'd still wipe the floor with me!
Yeah, he's quick.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Over 11 minutes for a lap?

Wow, you really got your moneys worth out of that ticket, flol.

Seriously though, far better to start slow and build up than to try too hard and bin it!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Much better to start steady and build up as you learn the place mate, its NOT the place for making mistakes!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lap times are usually influenced by the amount of traffic and number of offs on the day as well as ability

Yeah its a lot harder to get a clear lap than at a uk track, as getting on clear lap there is like getting 5 in a row at combe!