ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adjustable Camber Bolts

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
Does anyone know how these need to be fitted?

I've just got a set from K-Tec Racing, but all the instructions are in German!! :S

Cheers Keith

Looking for a ph-quick...
There a piece of piss to fit dude.
- Wheel off
- 2 bolts, hold the shock absorber to the hub
- undo the top one and take it out
- loosen the bottom one
- Put the camber adjuster in the top hole.
- Tighten the camber bolt to the point where you can still twist it
- As you twist the entire camber bolt you will see the hub tilt - this is adjusting the camber
- When you have it were you want, tighten it up completely being sure not to mive the position you set it at
- Tighten bottom bolt.

Wheel back on Jobs a good'n

Have some patience dude, it is saturday night!

Give us chance and if you don't get anywhere (since we don't see every topic) bump the post up somone will see it afrer a bump or two.

You only need them to adjust camber as per the name suggests either you want to run some more camber or to bodge some other struts to fit.

I've used them to try and run some more camber to help balance tyre were and get a bit more handling for track days but the bolts were difficult to get right the problem is trying to set them aat a certain amopunt on both sides. I tried om maxmum and the driveshafts knocked quite badly and the camber was about -3 degrees which was to much realy. Trying to find a mid point between -3 and -0.1 wasn't easy trying to twist the bolts a bit ticthen then etc on both sides you could do it and get it right with perseverance etc but I'm not that dedicated better idea is to get some high quality bolts of varying diamter I'd recomend trying some 12 and 11 mm ones and then its easy to set as you just wack them in and stick them on maximum and you'll have the same value on both sides.

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
Thanks alot guys :D:D:D

I am fitting them myself and getting a tyre place to sort the alginment etc and to set them to -1deg
I intend to track it on the odd occasion and drive it fairly hard on the road;) so i think that and the (30mm front /50-60mm back) lowering, should be ok....

Thanks again :cool:

TooQuicksilver said:
Thanks alot guys :D:D:D

I am fitting them myself and getting a tyre place to sort the alginment etc and to set them to -1deg
I intend to track it on the odd occasion and drive it fairly hard on the road;) so i think that and the (30mm front /50-60mm back) lowering, should be ok....

Thanks again :cool:
Harder springs alone will help keep the tyre wear even.

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
I have the 'ultimate suspension' kit from K-Tec
30mm drop with new struts and springs on the front and uprated dampers for the rear (lowered it 1 spline on the torsion bar)

Still cant work out why it has gone so low on the back ????