ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

adjusting brake light switch ?

iceberg phase 2 172
hi is there a guide for adjusting the brake pedal sensor ? as my brake lights only illuminate when the pedal is pushed pretty much all the way .. or could someone give me a quick step by step guide please ? thanks

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Would also like to know this, minimal braking don't put them on, which one day someone is going to drive into me cus of that :(

koi

Audi S1
Pretty sure theres a guide on here but you basically twist the switch off the brake pedal and adjust the switch click by click till you get it right.

Would also like to know! ^ What switch? Need to have a good look, only noticed this morning when I had a bus up my ass at some traffic lights that it doesn't light up unless my brake pedal is practically on the floor

PB Clio 172
Werid this as seems all of the clios here have the same problem

My 172 takes ages for the light to go on

I'll have to have a look at that guide when I'm not busy.

My brake light only comes on after my pedal goes past halfway. Cr*p when you're just braking slowly because the people behind may not notice in time :/

Renault Clio
I have an 02 Clio. The brake lights work but they choose when they decide to come on when i break. Tried the switch thing clicked it all the way in then they stayed on. What do i need to do with the switch to get it perfect as when its pulled all the way out i have to press really hard for them to come on. Do you think i just need a new switch or can it be adjusted?

Clio Mk3
With one hand push the brake pedal to the floor and hold it there. Grab the button on the end of the switch actuator rod (above the pedal) and pull it out all the way (you'll hear several clicks until it won't go any further), then very slowly release the brake pedal. You'll hear the actuator rod clicking as it goes back into the switch. That should do it.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
With one hand push the brake pedal to the floor and hold it there. Grab the button on the end of the switch actuator rod (above the pedal) and pull it out all the way (you'll hear several clicks until it won't go any further), then very slowly release the brake pedal. You'll hear the actuator rod clicking as it goes back into the switch. That should do it.
Thanks👍. I'm sure that if the other posters in this thread have been down a well since 2015 they may not have fixed their switches yet! 😉

Clio 2.0 138hp
I had the same issue on a mk3 and found that the aftermarket switches just kept failing. I took 3 back in one day and got a genuine one which solved the problem straight away. If thats of any help