ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adobe kills flash for mobile devices

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
"Our future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe AIR for all the major app stores. We will no longer adapt Flash Player for mobile devices to new browser, OS version or device configurations. Some of our source code licensees may opt to continue working on and releasing their own implementations. We will continue to support the current Android and PlayBook configurations with critical bug fixes and security updates."

Fingers crossed they kill the desktop variant next.

Finally. Ran like a back of s**t on phones anyway. Hopefully this will mean an end to Android owners wanking on about it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Blackberry Playbook

Runs Android Applic.....oh wait. Feature "late"
Runs Flash....oh wait. Feature deprecated.
Runs Email....oh wait. Feature "late".
Runs BBM....oh wait. Feature "late".

Thank different. Think Blackberry.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
You got the source of this Tom? Just so I can message my Android bumming pals and rub their faces in it.

182FF with cup packs
They're killing it because apparently they have to tweak it for every different ARM device, unfortunatly this means they have to tweak it for pretty much every single different handset, they're not killing off the desktop variant though.

2014 Focus Titanium
Tom - You will have more knowledge on this than me; my sensation views flash websites exactly as my computer does, will this still affect me? If so, gutted!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No. Unless its a type of flash that requires a higher player than 11.

Monaro VXR
Nothing really wrong with the desktop variant apart from under OSX. Which has notoriously slow flash performance, hence why it was never supported on the iPhone and Jobs always moaned about it.

Under windows it is a very different story and it is much much faster on the same hardware. Basically it is just broken on the Apple platform.

Flash is here to stay for a long time yet.