ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

adrian flux

gave them a try because i've heard good things about them.

i'm 19, 1yrs no claims, not the greatest of postcodes. 182 insurance would cost 2300 fully comp. thats way better than anything else ive been getting. sound like a good price?

i realise its still a huge amount on insurance but its fully comp and my mondeo costs 1500 fully comp and the 800 extra is worth it imo over a 10 year old mondeo lol.

think its the best price i will get?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ay Caramba!! £2,300 per year is a lot of money for insurance! If you pay by installments that will be over £200 per month!

In anwer to your question though, that does sound competitive to what other people of your age/risk have been quoted.

If it was me, I think I'd wait a few years until 21, insurance seems to drop quite a bit then

Turbos.
Adrian Flux are only good until you have to claim. So basically, whilst they do no work for you, they are fine. Once you ask them to do something, they are pants!

Black Clio GT
i think most firms cause a fuss when you try to claim, i claimed with l&v on the 5 and there wasnt too much fuss tbh

yeah every firm seems to be bad. tesco were awful dealing with mine. well i have a payout so would be paying for the 182 outrite and dont have many outgoings so its not too bad. and as i said not a great deal more than my rust bucket now would be costing fully comp

Clio 182
adrian flux - crap, took them 9 months! and 77 phone calls before they paid out when i wrote off my imported jap scooby.

106 GTi
Was that down to Flux who are the broker or the insurance company the policy was with though ? (Which was who btw - Highway ?)

172 cup
Ive been with Adrian Flux for 5 year,Alway been by far the cheapest for me. My insurance is due for renual now, and after them quoting me £469 for renewal on my 172cup ive just got them down to £315 fully comp, so im well chuffed! (25 wiv 8yrs NCB)

Luckily I've never had to claim or had any problems, although ive heard a few bad storys of people who have.

My Brother had a lot of trouble with them to do with him having no certificate for immobiliser on his 306 rallye, although he had stated it didnt have one they kept cancelling his policy etc. took months to sort out + hundreds of phone calls +letters.

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
£2300, i wouldn't bother mate, build up the no claims first, or you'll be stung.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Direct Line were very good with my claim. Fingers corssed I won't have to do it again.

I'm with HIC, by far the best for me. Number is on here somewhere.

Monaro VXR
Finally made your mind up on what car you want. You've been bouncing round between C4 VTS180, Megane 225 and 182 among other for ages.

£2300 is a lot of money though I would not pay that not for a Clio anyway.

Finally made your mind up on what car you want. You've been bouncing round between C4 VTS180, Megane 225 and 182 among other for ages.

£2300 is a lot of money though I would not pay that not for a Clio anyway.

yeah well its been between a few but the clio probably works out cheapest. vts is nice but wouldnt be happy with it in a couple of years and despite their cheapness used still would work out a bit more than a 182.

oh and meg is way out of my league now i think.

as i said, getting my payout soon after an uninsured driver smashed into me so will be looking to pay the insurance in one lump sum and pretty much all of the car too.