ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ADSL.....Who to go with !? pls help!

ITR UKDC2
Guys i need some help.........been thinking long and hard

should i go with Bulldog or Tuscany

i want FAST and unrestricted Broadband!

this 2 megs should be good..................will be using it for surfing the web/GAMING mostly!

im with BT and want to call Monday morning with an order :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Monaro VXR
bulldog if things go wrong are god awful. but touch wood not had a problem with them and i cant fault the line. and 8mbit is less than £20 a month. Cant really complain with that. What i am currently using.

172 Cup
I was with Bulldog for 2 months. The connection was fine but as Wozzaa says is something goes wrong you're royally bum f**ked.... Plus they require you to take a Bulldog phone line....

ITR UKDC2
Thats sucks! is it Indian call centres you are both talking about??

Is the 8 meg REALY 8 meg???..................and is it capped??

Monaro VXR
the 8meg is really8 meg if you are close enough to the exchange and you find a server that has a fast enough upload for you to top out with your download.

But i have seen downloads of 950kb/s stable. on my connection although i am at the advantage that my local exchange i can see from my apartment window. across the street.

But you get 8meg down you also get a higher upload speed of 512mb which is useful.

And no not indian call centres just terrible customer service. bad attitude etc.

172 Cup
It's 8mb (including overheads so 8meg is your sync speed NOT your actual download speed which is slightly less at arround 6.5mb - 7mb) and 512kB/s up (not 512mb ;) ) on Bulldog.

I use Ukonline 16.5mb down and 750kB/s up.

Last edited:
  ITR UKDC2
wozzaa can bulldog change and cap your amount of download per month even if the contract says that you can download as much as you like???

i dont think gaming takes up that much does it???

Monaro VXR
its uncapped unlimited. and in tests my connection speed is putting out 615kb.s upload (yep 100kb extra) and 7.6mbit down speed. Although i will have a slightly faster speed than most due to my location. As i live in the city centre near the local exchange my mate whos 6 miles out only gets like 6.5mbit

Boxster S
Isn#'t the Bulldog braodband they advertise on the tv 8meg but 1gig limit? Thats w**k.

I'm with Demon Internet 2meg down for £20/mth, they great.

172 Cup
wozzaa said:
As i live in the city centre near the local exchange my mate whos 6 miles out only gets like 6.5mbit
Anyone who lived 6 miles from an exchange would not get 6.5mb at all...

ADSL standards support 8mb upto 10,500ft LINE LENGTH and above 13,000ft 4mb is just about physically possible.

At 6 miles you'd be lucky to get ADSL at all as the Attenuation levels and SNR would be so probhibitive at such a distance.

Not wanting to start a debate but working in the industry you get annoyed with all the "pub talk" when in reality physics has much more to do with it.