ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advanced research - major service RS200

Clio 182
A few years ago I bought a 182 without researching as thoroughly as I should of and a year into ownership found myself at the 5 year mark and a major service on my hands and a 1k bill. Bad times.

Since then and a year into owning an Astra diesel I'm ready to step back into RS boots with a 200 early next year, this time a little more prepared.

Ive had a look through the forum but can't really find the answers I need. When I finally get to buying a 200 I'll probably be looking at a 09/10 plate and back to a year or so off the 5 year mark. Am I still looking at a major service/cambelt change at this point and what if anyone knows are service charges on a 200?

Thanks for viewing my 2 year in advance question, just need to know how much lube I'll be needing at the dealership.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
At the minute we do the belt service (with water pump and coolant) for £430 using genuine belt kits and parts.

Mick
Diamond Motors

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I ws under the impression that Renault increased the cambelt interval to 6 years or 72k on the 200's?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They did but would you trust it? Renault also used to say Turbo petrol/diesel vehicles had 18,000m service intervals and look how that turned out!