ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice Clio DCI 100 (Viewing Saturday Quick Replies if Possible)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a Clio 1.5 DCI 100. Just after peoples thoughts views on the car that have driven or own one.

Also is there anything i need to look out for, common faults etc as i am going to view one this Saturday.

Thanks Dan

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Silver one in Clacky ? :eek:

Drive it properly. Check for smoke/rattles/leaks/noises.. the usual stuff. Take someone with you if you're not car-savvy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Service history is key to the longevity of these engines/boxes/turbo's.

Just the usual used car checks.

And for the love of god make sure you do a PROPER hpi check on it!!

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Cracking cars. I myself own a DCI 80 :).

They do look pretty good.

Silver one in Clacky ? :eek:

Drive it properly. Check for smoke/rattles/leaks/noises.. the usual stuff. Take someone with you if you're not car-savvy.

How did you know lol. (my location). Will drive it properly as i have never driven one so need to make sure that i wont be bored to the teeth with driving it after a week. Also i am pretty good tbh. I know the standard stuff to look for just more interested in common faults.

Service history is key to the longevity of these engines/boxes/turbo's.

Just the usual used car checks.

And for the love of god make sure you do a PROPER hpi check on it!!

Standard stuff then. Also i have done the 83600 text HPI check this is what i use on all the cars i have bought so quite happy with that tbh.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just the basic stuff you would check on any normal car plus check to make sure it pulls up thru the revs on full throttle clean with no warning lights or loss of power.

should start to come on boost at 1500rpm then strong at 2000rpm and hold its power until 4500-5000rpm

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Standard stuff then. Also i have done the 83600 text HPI check this is what i use on all the cars i have bought so quite happy with that tbh.

So you're not worried if its got £5000 worth of finance outstanding on it then?

Your call, good luck.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
People don't seem to realise that theses cheap text checkers DO NOT check if its got finance outstanding on it.

Seat Ibiza
People don't seem to realise that theses cheap text checkers DO NOT check if its got finance outstanding on it.

Really, ive never used one as my dad is in the trade and I get him to do it but I always assumed it did a full hpi!