ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice for a good road going setup

Hi all,

I am picking up a mk3 pre facelift '07 1.2 TCe this weekend, aware its not a sport model but I am looking at wheel, tyre and suspension components which i am guessing would be the same across the mk3 model? Are there any common performance parts sites usually used?

I will be using my Mk3 as the daily commute, hence the smaller 1.2 turbo engine rather than anything larger (other project car is aiming for 400bhp/ton), but still looking to improve the handling for the daily drive, the car currently has the stock 16" alloys running 195/50/16 tyres.

Tyres

Ideally I would want swap out the alloys to be running 195/50/15s for better tyre choices but that would give it a 4.2% smaller size, are there any other off the shelf tyre sizes commonly run as an upgrade to give a better choice of tyre options?

Suspension

Is there a usual upgrade route for the mk3 in terms of suspension? I am thinking probably best to go with an upgraded damper and spring setup rather than a coilover for road use, I am guessing that there are poly bush options for the car?

Interchangeable parts

The car already has the stock spoiler and side skirts so not looking to bolt on any cosmetic items onto the car, more interested in parts that can be swapped out between the sport models and the non sport models, anyone got a list?

Thanks in advance!

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
The missus has just bought a 1.2 town car for going back to and forth from work and its actually really good for what it does. Knowing that its only a 1.2 means I never try to drive it fast and its really frugal on fuel compared to our last car. Cheap parts to maintain and cheap on daily running costs too so it works as a concept.
Lower it on Eibach springs to improve the ride and look of the car and I'd not bother doing much else!
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...ro-kit-springs-renault-clio-mk3-1-2-1-2t.html

Why would you waste your time and money on a cheap runabout? [emoji23]

Because it will make the car slightly more enjoyable to drive to and from work vs the standard car, coupled with the fact the other car is aiming for 400bhp/ton I don't really need anything powerful for the daily, 100bhp/120bhp remapped will still be fairly fun.

The missus has just bought a 1.2 town car for going back to and forth from work and its actually really good for what it does. Knowing that its only a 1.2 means I never try to drive it fast and its really frugal on fuel compared to our last car. Cheap parts to maintain and cheap on daily running costs too so it works as a concept.
Lower it on Eibach springs to improve the ride and look of the car and I'd not bother doing much else!
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...ro-kit-springs-renault-clio-mk3-1-2-1-2t.html

Yeah I am thinking just going Eibachs on stock shocks, maybe a strut brace if there is one and perhaps a remap at some point in the future, will upgrade the tyres to something better but slightly limited in the 195/50/16 size unlike the 195/50/15!