ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice for an amateur

Passat
I've just had the entire drivers side of my Trophy painted today. It is absolutely gleaming...which is great...but it's made me realise just how crap the rest of the car is. It needs a good wash and some sort of wax but I have no idea what I need or what the hell I'm doing. Ideally I'm doing this tomorrow so it's probably got to be Halfords stuff. Any recommendations or advice without boiling my brain.

​Thanks

Golf GT & A4 Avant
AG tar remover, Megs or AG clay kit. SRP or HD cleanser to bring the shine back, then protect and seal with either EGP or HD wax all from halfords

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pay someone to do it if I was you. You'll never get it looking as good as the other side and it will bug you forever. Trust me, I know!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tbf though, go to halfords and buy all that stuff Dave has recomended. At least then you can keep on top of it once it's been corrected.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Dave.

Yes Daniel, you're probably right. Any good detailers in West Yorkshire?

Jim @ white details is one of the best in the business and is based over your way I think, there's also Russ @ midlands car care based in Walsall and magic detail on here that is based in Manchester.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Autoglym tar remover, use after washing to remove tar spotting on lower panels. Then rinse

meguiars or autoglym clay kit comes with clay and lube, generally a quick detailing spray, to remove bonded contaminats to all panels. Then rinse again.

autoglym Super Resin Polish or autoglym HD cleanser cleans the paint chemically, hides and fills minor marks, and has a mild abrasive that will remove dead oxidized paint

autoglym Extra Gloss Protection is a liquid sealant, autoglym HD wax is a wax. Both will protect your hard work and help reduce further dirt and tar etc bonding quite so well for 4 to 6months

My mate details in Lymm if your interest worth the travel and does an amazing job. I was gob smacked how my car came up. It's fairly new so didn't think the paint would look much different how wrong I was!!

Cup In bits
Autoglym tar remover, use after washing to remove tar spotting on lower panels. Then rinse

meguiars or autoglym clay kit comes with clay and lube, generally a quick detailing spray, to remove bonded contaminats to all panels. Then rinse again.

autoglym Super Resin Polish or autoglym HD cleanser cleans the paint chemically, hides and fills minor marks, and has a mild abrasive that will remove dead oxidized paint

autoglym Extra Gloss Protection is a liquid sealant, autoglym HD wax is a wax. Both will protect your hard work and help reduce further dirt and tar etc bonding quite so well for 4 to 6months

AG- Autoglym.
Megs- Meguiars.

SRP- super resin polish
EGP- extra gloss protection

Cheers, im fairly handy at detailing but don't know all the accronyms.

Sorry to jump on your thread op. What would you suggest to keep on top of it after a full correction detail, I just carried one out with wolfs body wrap as the final layer, dont want to loose my hard work.