ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed before i burn it!!!

Clio 182
Right driving the car home today, got a bit foggy and already had my dipped headlights on....
Turned me foglights and rear fog on and the car lost power, serv light and airbag light came on..... all dials went to zero and the dash lights went out, car then died...

Tried turning it over and got a clicking noise at first then the normal dead battery sound..

Got some jumps leads and it started first time.....

Started driving and thought it must be something draining the power.. turned lights on - fine, turned fogs on and power dropped and lights dimmed - car then cut out and wouldnt start..

Jump leads on and it started, again first time, got it on the drive, fogs on again and again the power went and now it wont start...

Plugged into RStuner as i could hear a loud buzzing noise and it flagged TPS, unplugged it and plugged it back in as i think the connector was loose.....

Now would this being loose cause these problems????

The battery is brand new from yesterday...

172 ph1
a used to get th me seat mate....i think it was to do with water though as it normally happened after topping the jets up as electricals were right below it!

although it happened a few times after with no cause that i knew of i as told probly alternator? maybe had an effect when changing the battery?

Da

Less
TPS - Throttle Postition Sensor??

Can't see that being affected by the foglights though. Sounds like a dead short of some sort so you'll need to check the wiring.

If I remember correctly the fog loom comes down the passenger side of the bay, to the first fog then accross behind the bumper to the second fog.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Tried turning it over and got a clicking noise at first then the normal dead battery sound..

Plugged into RStuner as i could hear a loud buzzing noise and it flagged TPS, unplugged it and plugged it back in as i think the connector was loose.....

The battery is brand new from yesterday...

Questions ..

1) what does a dead battery sound like !?
2) who replaced the battery ?
3) are the terminals connected properly on the battery ?