ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed, Hit by a Stolen car with false plates - No insurance

Clio II 1.2 16V
On Monday I was making my way to work after the hol's. I had been sat on the light on Red on Greenland Road Sheffield turning tight on to shepcote lane. When the light changed green, On crossing the opposite side of the dual carriageway I was hit by a speeding car ( Information I have up to date was a Ford Fusion ). That had just done a Ram raid in Sheffield and was on the the, Hence going though the Red light and hitting my car. My Clio is now a right-off. And i'm having to have time off work. Of corse I've got servel injuries, Swollen wrist, Pain in the waist are from seatbelt. Battered knee from hitting the dashboard, etc. Now I don't want to get shafted over this as it was not my fault. I've been told about the motor insurance bureau. But been as this is a busy forum, Just asking for advice.

Pic's below.

20170104_094447.jpg

20170104_094501.jpg

20170104_094629.jpg

BTW I don't knwo why the pic's are upside done, there fine on these site. http://www.peterturner.talktalk.net/files/

Map of the area

Map
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...96397b4b1d3c8c2!8m2!3d53.4036409!4d-1.4068857

Thanks

2014 Clio 200t edc
Wow at least your 'ok'. Could've been a lot worse.
As for insurance I'm know some insurers give extra cover against non insured drivers, and as such you don't have to pay excess or anything. What have your insurers said? I would also imagine that the police would back up your side of events as they would be looking for the car and drivers because of the ram raid.
Good luck, fingers crossed it gets sorted for you.

Clio II 1.2 16V
Insurers have said i'll get my excess once there talked to Police over it, However there did say it be a long ass thing over 6 month's.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I assume the police caught the w*****s?
The Clio's demolished, a Ford Fusion is just a big Fiesta so I assume it was equally fucked and un-drivable??

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus

When you said hit I was thinking a little love tap, that's a whopper!

Glad you're okay

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
My mate was hit by an uninsured driver, he had to pay the excess initially but then got it back.
As above, an uninsured driver is covered by the MIB (sadly Will Smith isnt involved), you should also be able to claim compensation for time off and injury, so keep lots of records and get everything documented (from employer and doctors visits etc).
https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/what-we-do/

Ph2 Meg 225
Wow that's a fair old shunt, Glad your ok. Not got much to comment on the accident side but there's a lot of uninsured stolen cars round there.

I was a victim of a road rage assault last year from someone driving erratic and tried to cut me up but didn't let him in. He got out and twatted me through the window and I ended up in hospital. Police got involved, evidence from passing dash cams, was on false plates so never caught him. was an white Astra convertible showing as a black Alfa on the registration.