ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed - is my 172 worth repairing?

None
I've had this car for a couple of years and spent a fair amount fixing it and making it run better, including dephaser and belts, and I've now got a few new issues with it and am not sure whether to repair it or call it a day.
It's a 52 plate 172 with 78k miles on the clock, rough idle, clutch a little worn and recently its developed a leak somewhere and filled up with water so there's significant damage there.

Also toxic emissions light is now permanently on! Just wondering what other people would do in this situation. Don't get me wrong, I love this car and when it's running it runs well, I'm just not sure if I'm wasting my time?

Mec 350 slk manual
Just keep chipping away at it mate your get there in the end , I have spent a fortune on mine to come home from work to find out the headlight is smashed bonnet dented and wing damaged that all I can see at the moment because it dark .

None
Leak is somewhere on chassis, litres of water currently covering carpet (front & rear) and underlay, plus mould has started to set in!

When I say the idle is rough, it almost cuts out and shakes vigorously!

None
Just keep chipping away at it mate your get there in the end , I have spent a fortune on mine to come home from work to find out the headlight is smashed bonnet dented and wing damaged that all I can see at the moment because it dark .

Oh no! How did that happen mate?

Mec 350 slk manual
Oh no! How did that happen mate?
Came home from work with the miss and noticed the headlight by then next doors came out and to me a van had hit it and got the details off the driver so I will be chasing him tomorrow .

None
Hi all, thought I'd update you on how I got this sorted: turned out one of the sill drainage holes was blocked! And then there was a ton of mud behind the wheel arch.
Sorted that and it's all fine now!

FF Racing Blue 182
Are you any further forward with the engine light pal ? keep at it and you'll get there. I've just replaced most of my sensors and it still needs more work.

None
Ah yes thanks for asking mate, sorted that in the end by getting the injectors cleaned, and one which was completely dead replaced! Runs better than ever before now and MPG is up a lot... Now I've just got a slight whining noise to sort and then I should be all good :) can't believe I was tempted to give up!