ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed - MK1 Airbox ?

Clio 182 :)
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting rid of my acoustic valve and genuine RS 2.3 airbox, and replacing it by a RS1 airbox.
With 2 cafs in the front bumper... What do you think ?

Cheers,

François

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting rid of my acoustic valve and genuine RS 2.3 airbox, and replacing it by a RS1 airbox.

Cheers,

François

not completly sure what you mean, is it just taking the standard 182 box out and replacing for a phase1 172 air box? if so it's supose to be a good mod

where in france are you? im working in Toulouse right now

Clio 182 :)
Yep I'm going to replace my 182 airbox by a 172 one, with 2 cold air feeds in the front grilles :cool:

I'm on the other side of france, between Lyon and Marseille ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hi all,

Cheers,

François

I have the V6 Espace/ cup airbox (same shape but has 1 larger CAF instead of 2). There's not any real noticeable performance gains, but it does seem a bit more willing to rev. Does sound nice under full throttle though :cool:
It is a tight squeeze to get it too fit right but it will go in with some fiddling
Some pics of mine are on this thread:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=331529