ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed on 1.8 16v

my car is playing up its got a power loss, for example your driving the car and it starts juddering and losses power, its terrible on motorway jumps everywhere. anyone got any advice for me please

yeah had it in renault they could not find it. stuck now just hoping it does not stop working altogether.

mike

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Try simple things like HT leads, spark plugs, Dizzy and Rotor arm. Fuel Filter been changed? Perhaps run some fuel system cleaner through as it does sound like something changing any of the above could help. All are relatively cheap and should be part of routine maintenance anyway. All easily done too.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Had the same thing on mine. Used to run the fuel quite low and it must have sucked up some of the sediment in the tank.

Ran injector cleaner through it and new fuel filter and its fine.

One other thing and this probably doesnt apply, my 16v runs terrible on Texaco fuel, everything else its fine on. Dead strange