ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed please,

Hi all,

To cut a long story short my g/f's mom is having problems with her 06 Clio dynamique DCI 1.4 86hp. It basically pulls to the right or left, and it seems to do it intermittently but she seems to notice it on corners more than straights.

Anyway she took it to a local garage and they suggested it was an electrical problem with a sensor missing from the steering wheel or rack and couldnt fix it. She then took it back to the place she bought it from (Evans Halshaw) as she hasnt had the car long. They told her the tracking was the worst they had seen, and she needed this doing and 3 new tyres.

Anyway she paid for the 3 new tyres and the tracking.....but the cars still doing it, if not worse. The issue is, they live on the Island of Arran (Scotland) so a trip to a main land dealership to no avail is very costly.

The local garage she took it too, are still insisting they cant fix it as a sensor is missing and there is no mounting points for the said sensor. (Unfortunately she has given me very limited detail on exactly what they said......probably as the garage is unclear as well)

So, i know there is a yaw sensor on the rear torsion beam (i have a clio 172 myself, so i assume hers has similar), and i think theres a steering wheel position sensor....but i dont see how either of these could make the car pull to the left or right..??

Clios have speed sensitive steering??, so my first thought is this might be the issue??? (The car has no ESP or anything, according to the specs online)

Any ideas?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Not sure what could be the cause, are the wheel's balanced properly?

If the car was bought from a garage, then take it back and say the problems and they have to sort it, dont take it back unless its fixed,

Skoda Fabia vRS
id be suggesting things like wishbone bushes etc, but as its been into 2 garages already, i dont really know what to suggest as these are pretty obvious things to check

my last Clio had worn wishbone bushes and a ball joint, this caused it to wonder one way when accelerating, and the other when letting off throttle, their was only slight play in them but it sorted it when they were replaced

Skoda Fabia vRS
her only option really is to take it back the dealers, if it has any kind of warranty she needs it sorting before it runs out, i know the ferry over can be costly (we sometimes use the ferry from Gourock to Dunoon) but tbh thats the price you pay for living there

Yeh mate, i agree, ill pass it on. I was hoping some peeps would be along to confirm the existance of the said sensors etc, but no such joy as yet.

Skoda Fabia vRS
i think the description she has given you is a bit too vague

maybe ring the garage and ask for more info