ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Not really sure why you're ignoring the advice being given after asking for it. Call CAB tomorrow and get concrete advice on what to do. Don't go to him.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
He already threaten me that he would take this all the way becuase he had loads of money...i could not compete with this

He sounds like a bully. Seriously mate just cut all contact. If its really bothering you that much go and get a new SIM card and bin your old number. Don't give in because you think he'll get off your case - because he won't. I guarantee he'll phone up about something else. He knows he's not got a leg to stand on and is simply trying to scare you.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Money doesnt buy justice ( Not in this case )

I wouldnt want you to give in, however if you have more pressing matters that you want to deal with & want to get rid of him, offer a goodwill of £75 for half the part, with the condition that he signs a disclaimer he wont bother you again & that the offer is a gesture of goodwill *& you were unaware of the problem- however you will not be parting be anymore money

As everyone has said, you arent obliged to do this, however in your circumstances if you dont want any hassle whatsoever then that may be an option-

regards
Steve

Clio 200 Cup
He's talking s**t, ignore the guy. If he gets any worse, call the police.

You are dead right about further problems. If you give in and pay for the (probably) imaginary PAS fault then he'll just try to sting you again for something else. You'll end up giving him a sodding warranty!

Tell him to start legal proceedings and he can correspond in writing via a solicitor. Then STOP answering the phone. He'll soon give and up and move on to somebody else. DO NOT meet with him, offer to view the car, or part with any money. He may get nasty face to face so stay away.

It's not a case of giving in, it could actually get worse if he thinks he's actually going to get something out of you.

I'm not one for running to the police but obviously, if he threatens you either directly or by implication, you should report it. He's a rogue car dealer and is probably doing this to other people - the Police will certainly take an interest.

Black clio ph2 172
Money doesnt buy justice ( Not in this case )

I wouldnt want you to give in, however if you have more pressing matters that you want to deal with & want to get rid of him, offer a goodwill of £75 for half the part, with the condition that he signs a disclaimer he wont bother you again & that the offer is a gesture of goodwill *& you were unaware of the problem- however you will not be parting be anymore money

As everyone has said, you arent obliged to do this, however in your circumstances if you dont want any hassle whatsoever then that may be an option-

regards
Steve

This is the option i was thinking about

but i got a funny feeling he wants all the money...

disclaimer form is this something you can create yourself or does a solicitor have to create it

Fiesta ST-3
This is the option i was thinking about

but i got a funny feeling he wants all the money...

disclaimer form is this something you can create yourself or does a solicitor have to create it

It's something you can make up but whats the point, you already got a sold a seen letter and your ignoring that.

Do what people on here are saying. You are under no obligation to go and meet him. What if he brings his rottweiler/20 stone mate along?

Clio 200 Cup
DO NOT GIVE HIM MONEY - he'll just put his other hand out and ask for more.

He's only going to keep bothering you if he actually thinks he's going to get something out of you. Tell him to piss off and contact a lawyer. After that, break off all contact.

He hasn't got a legal leg to stand on and the police will deal with him if he gets any worse.

RB 182 Cup
If he's threatening or merely bothering you on the phone then there may well be a criminal offence there.

Contact your local police and let them know he's phoning you up all the time, even without a threat this may well be an offence under the telecommunications act or malicious communications act.

Black clio ph2 172
The Way i see is that

Meeting face 2 face you can gauge the persons game

secondly even if i do give a good will gesture payment towards to the part, I was thinking of taking my mate to witness the signing of the disclaimer..

so then i have it writing and witness if anything else is tried...

I do agree with all the advice given, but like i said my farther in laws health is my main concern

i need to draft up a disclaimer form and get him to sign and date it

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Don't meet, don't talk to him. He'll get bored and leave it eventually. Speak with the CAB first thing in the morning and get their advice. Although I'm sure it'd be the same as in this thread.

If you go down there, he'll force you into paying one way or another, don't waste your time and money entertaining his needs, you don't owe him anything. You didn't sell him a shitter, you didn't mis-sell it. He's trying it on.

We understand you have a lot on at the moment, but don't give in to his guy, he won't sign the disclaimer anyway, and once he gets you down there and you pay up, he'll ask for more. Just ignore him.

M140i/Orange 182
The Way i see is that

secondly even if i do give a good will gesture payment towards to the part, I was thinking of taking my mate to witness the signing of the disclaimer..

I do agree with all the advice given, but like i said my farther in laws health is my main concern

mate seriously take the advice on hand in this thread. PLEASE.

Clio 200 Cup
NO! Forget good will gestures or payments of any kind. Forget meeting the guy. Forget disclaimers. You are not obliged to do anything of the sort.

The problem probably won't go away if you give in. He'll be on to you for worn tyres and brakes next.

Which dealer is it?

The Way i see is that

The Way i see is that

NO!!!! Listen to what everyone is saying. We're trying to help you.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
You've got to ask yourself if he's really going to get a soliciter involved over £150. He's bullying you pure and simple. I totally get that your in-law is top priority, but don't use that as an excuse to get mugged off. It really won't be hard for you to ignore him so it's not a huge amount of hassle for you really. If you do go, I hope it goes alright for you...

Last edited:
  Iceberg Clio 172
once you're there, thats it - you're paying up! he won't sign the disclaimer and he'll just hassle you for more money. I'd stay away and ignore all calls. He's unlikely to waste his time coming to you because he knows he's not entitled to anything! If you go, you're doing all the hard work for him! if he's that bothered about it, let him come knocking on your door....then tell him to do one!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Film it for the LOLz. Send to Harry Hill on YBF. £250 and you'll be quids in.

Renault Clio RS182
Take the car back off of him, forget the whole experience and put it back up for sale yourself. Offer him a few hundred pounds less than he paid you (for the inconvenience etc) and tell him if he doesn't accept it, that you'll be going to the local papers and reporting him to the police for harrasment (or whatever) and trading standards. Play him at his own game!

Last edited:
  Volvo S60 T5
He can't do that , tell him to go and f**k himself!
Listen to what is being said on here, call CAB or Trading Standards.

182 Cup
Take the advice on here he's just taking you for a mug, would he try the same if it was a trade in? He doesn't have a leg to stand on surely.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Take the car back off of him, forget the whole experience and put it back up for sale yourself. Offer him a few hundred pounds less than he paid you (for the inconvenience etc) and tell him if he doesn't accept it, that you'll be going to the local papers and reporting him to the police for harrasment (or whatever) and trading standards. Play him at his own game!

Not sure I agree with that. Sounds like a Pandoras Box of problems. Keep it simple and ignore the bloke. Or ignore everyone on here and get screwed over. What's the saying 'You can lead a horse to water.....'

320d
I really don't know why your going to meet him. I'd just ignore his phone calls. Nothing he can do.

If he has so much money he wouldn't be arsed over £150. Its hardly the end of the world is it? I'm sure traders have to deal with bigger problems than that.

Mk5 Golf GTI
Mate dont give him anything, same thing happened to me a while back i sold to a trader and a week later the box gave up while someone was test driving it, he tried to tell me i was liable to pay for the repair and kept calling me over and over i just ignored him and he gave up after a week, did you actually right on the receipt 'sold as seen' ?

330Ci (Fail)Sport

FFS don't do this!

182 FF, A6 Avant
I can't believe threads like this!

You have serious family issues to deal with and a whole forum telling you to ignore this guy nd/or tell him to FO. Yet you are contemplating going to meet up with him to see the car?! Jesus...

Golf GTD Mk7
Can't tell if the op is trolling :S you very rarely get unanimous advice and serious advice from so many people on here. Trader sounds like a right ****. As mentioned, if this was the other way round he would tell you to get fucked. Personal issues aside, don't be bullied.

Sunflower Ph1 172
As a private seller you can, in legal terms, tell him to jog on.

Privates sales have little to no terms attached. The pump failed AFTER he paid for an received the car, therefore it is his problem. If the engine fell out as he drove away from your house it would still be his problem.

He doesn't have a leg to stand on. You will win even if this went to small claims court, which it won't because it's laughable.

Don't even give him a good will gesture, he has threatened you, so no good will should be offered.

Takes people's advice.

Black clio ph2 172
No i'm serious dude

and i have taken the advice onboard, blocked his number and seeking advice tomorrow....in all the cars i have sold over the years i have never sold one to such an antagonistic prick

i hope to f**k this ends well

Clio 182
Your doing the right thing, for the sake of £150 he is not going to spend £x on legal fees, then there is his time etc. He really is just employing scare tactics and with no grounds. Its actually making my blood boil just reading this :/

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
hes listening but people arent hearing...

With a family member not well is 'seems' the easisest
option is to pay up some money.
We all know this is wrong, however in the OP's circumstances it
would seem he wants the harrassment to end, rather than endure some sort
of long winded event.....

Maybe at this moment in time the OP isnt strong enough to defend against the
w*nker
thats 2 traders in a week ruining it for genuine sellers

name and shame again required

s