ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed?

Clio Sport 182 Cup
hello, I have a 2005 182 cup. it was a none runner due to battery dying (no other issues). Was left for about 5 months. I swapped battery and car wouldn't start. I took it to a garage who then got a new key, still wouldn't start. They then had to replace the airbag computer and injector computer (they said had blown), it started but alternator then started to glow red hot so that was swapped too. I've been told by a friend who is a mechanic that they reversed the polarity and blew the whole lot. can this be true?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
100% would not be paying for an SRS ECU for a non start!
It all sounds very suspicious to me. The only reason to be changing a key would be an immobiliser fault, which could be the cause of a non start. If the alternator was replaced before the ECU's, then there is a very good chance is was wired up wrong, causing electrical faults.

Clio Sport 182 Cup
It must have been an immobiliser fault at the start as I couldn't hear the fuel pump when turning the key. that's why I took it into the garage. they then got a new key and told me it still wouldn't start cos of the airbag and injector computer. once these were replaced they told me car had started and then after 5-10 mins of running alternator had overheated.

my friend told me they must have tested and reversed the polarity or surged the power and blew all.

I don't know enough about cars so I have no idea.