ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice On Exhaust Mod

RS Clio 197
Hi all,

I have a Clio 197 and it has the standard exhaust system on it, I'm looking at having just my centre silencer cut out and replaced with a straight pipe, will this increase/decrease performance or acceleration? has anybody else done this?

any advice would be great!!

much appreciated.

Kody.

It does nothing for performance at all, if anything, it makes the flate spot around 2.5 more noticable when cold, it just gives the exhaust a bit more noise. Mine is raspier and pops and crackles.

I love the sound on it, and it's a great cheap mod in my opinion.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Flat spot isn't noticable if you drive properly IMO. I've got it out of mine & it sounds nice, not too ASBO as well which is good for the non 'Nike TN hat' wearing chaps among us.

RS Clio 197
Ye that flat spot at 2.5 is annoying I'm glad it only happens when its cold, it's completely fine when the cars warm,

do you still have you standard system then with your centre box cut out? and does it sound too raspy? how often does it pop and bang?

Flat spot isn't noticable if you drive properly IMO. I've got it out of mine & it sounds nice, not too ASBO as well which is good for the non 'Nike TN hat' wearing chaps among us.

Oh no it's not noticeable normal driving, but cold, driving no more than 3k, you can feel it more.

Ye that flat spot at 2.5 is annoying I'm glad it only happens when its cold, it's completely fine when the cars warm,

do you still have you standard system then with your centre box cut out? and does it sound too raspy? how often does it pop and bang?

Yep standard, just straight pipe where the centre silencer was. No it sounds perfect to me, and pop and back on downshift/upshift(cometimes) and over run.

RS Clio 197
so what do you guys think yes or no should I do it or not?!?!?!? its only going cost me £30 to have it cut out and replaced with stainless steel pipe and £20 to put my centre box back in if I don't like it

Go for it, it's made me enjoy my car more purely for the noise. I've had mine for about a year if not more removed, and wouldn't put it back.