ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on getting Sky.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Hey,

I've got the keys for our new house we've just purchased, but haven't moved in yet.

Looking to jump the gun on getting the TV and broadband setup.

Looking to getting Sky HD with broadband etc, when setting it up it's asking whether I have a BT socket, to which I say yes. But this isn't activated with BT yet - Is this a problem?

Thanks

BG 182
Yes! You will need to get a BT to reconnect it.

I think its about £125 BUT there is a "sale" on at the moment where if you take BT's braodband they refund you the 125 quid.

Personally, i'd go with Virgin. But thats only if your in a virgin cable area.

BG 182
You don't need a BT line.

Faster Braodband as they use fibre optics not Phone line + you can get all the Sky channels.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Can I have Sky installed without having a phone line in place?

Can't get Virgin services :(

nimbus r27
u can have sky hd without a phone line as long as u only have 1 box!! no multiroom!
why dont you get bb and phone through sky aswell?

182 has now gone!
I moved into a new build property this year. Had a BT phone socket but was not connected. BT wanted £140 to connect the phone line. Sky did it for £25! So have the phone and TV with sky, and the broadband with Orange (works out cheaper!)

I moved into a new build property this year. Had a BT phone socket but was not connected. BT wanted £140 to connect the phone line. Sky did it for £25! So have the phone and TV with sky, and the broadband with Orange (works out cheaper!)

yea, im looking into getting sky and bb for my room in camp. Sure they do their own line rental so you don't have to do anything with BT.

Edit:
Capture.gif

As i understand it if you choose this option there is no need for a BT line you can have a sky one

Last edited:
  182 has now gone!
Thats right... I pay my line rental to sky, have nothing to do with BT... Think the line rental is £11 a month, with the Tv its about £26 I think.

Thing that made me laugh is it was a Bt Openreach engineer that came to do the phone connection.

Clio
We have sky plus HD which is ace, we had broadband from them but changed it as it was pish, wireless cutting out all the time. Was running about 6/7GB, now with O2 running 20/21gb.

So have a sky box but dont use there broadband.