ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice On Lowering...

RenaultSport 172.
hey, basically bought my clio about 4 months ago offa my nan who had it from new :approve: N reg, Clio RL, 1.2 , 9,038 miles WOOP!
Started moddin it and changin bits slightly...mats, cd/mp3 player, alloys e.t.c...but now i think it needs slammin...well i know it needs slammin as it feels like a trampoline hehe

Its on 15'' alloys and wondered how much i should lower it by?? i was thinking 80mm, but i was told that would be too much and it would be on its arse by 60mm.........now im confused lol...

there is a pic of it here so....
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/928389/
any advice would be appreciated, Rage

Last edited:
  1.2 16v
Nice low miles there! If you want my advice take that ridiculous sport badge off the back of it for a start! Subtle styling is the way to go!

get coilovers :)
get 15" euro wheels
get smaller plates
lose the badges
colour code the bumpers/strips

this is winstons old euro. great example :)
kif0033oi7.jpg

RenaultSport 172.
does anyone know ; the renault & the clio badge ; are they just stuck onto the car, or are they drilled throught the body work? as i dont fancy having holes gaping in my boot!
sorry if this is a dumb ass question!:eek:

rage said:
does anyone know ; the renault & the clio badge ; are they just stuck onto the car, or are they drilled throught the body work? as i dont fancy having holes gaping in my boot!
sorry if this is a dumb ass question!:eek:

yes, there are holes behind them.

take it your nan didnt put the sport badge on!

RenaultSport 172.
haha yes she did :rolleyes: hehe, nar that was my doin unfortuately lol...think it might have to be removed when i can find some spare time lol.....

Clio mk1 1.2
pm me the pic please rage as i cannot veiw it, slam it 60 mm like im doin 2 my clio this weekend, going stupidly tho at the rear tho as im not havin anyone in it im taking out the rear seat belts aswell

liking that valver is there any good sites for euro rims and why has it got a german stlye platte on for :S lol i found a site that makes french style plates for our cars if anyone is intrested