ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice on scissor lift

clio 172
Hi All

Need advice on scissor lift

Want to purchase one just wondered what everyone is using and if anyone has one of the following :

Mid Rise Scissor Lift, Vehicle Lift, Car Lift, Eurotek MRS3
Mid Rise Scissor Lift, PLatinum MSL3

So anyone got one of the above are they any good or any recommendations for others ?

Cheers

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Been thinking about something like this for my workshop too. What are they like for working under the car etc if anyone has any experience

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking too and watched loads of videos on youtube,
they look ok for 50% of work but they're an awkward height if you want to pull the gearbox etc as you're half way between knelt down and stood up

this is another option if in a standard height garage

CD180BAE-50B2-452A-848B-2F868252464B.jpeg

I think i'm going with one of these and counter sink it in the garage floor

D191B908-530A-42FB-A40F-5CCC27EF8659.jpeg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If it’s a house you plan to stay in a while then digging a pit so you can stand up would be more useful imo.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Trouble with these cheaper lifts (even the two poster above) is they’re half height where you’d want.

I’ve only just realised that on the two poster so must tell a customer of mine. He reckons he found one for £1600 fitted, must be a half height

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Your still very limited with a pit especially for any suspension work or working in the wheel arch area. Pits only good for oil change and exhaust work imo. You'll still end up working on the floor alot

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Yeh it’s hard to get the wheels off when using a pit as you’ll usually have a big hole in the floor where your jack and stands want to go.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Yeh it’s hard to get the wheels off when using a pit as you’ll usually have a big hole in the floor where your jack and stands want to go.

Can sometimes get round it by fitting a jacking beam / box section steel to bridge the gap and give you something to work off of but again it will eventually just get in the way of something