ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on wheeI tracking. 2 wheel or 4

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
I will be getting the 4xHankook Tyres I ordered fitted on Friday and It might be a good idea to get tracking done if I can afford it (which is another question in itself as just bough ashes load of furniture for the house and the Tyres)

I need to route into my garage and have a look at the alloys I took off the car when I got it to see the wear- but I've no idea which wheel was fitted where on the car so that might not tell me much. The wheels I've had on the came with alloys u bought I haven't had on long enough to check wear before I got 2 sodding screws in two of them and they weren't worth repairing.

Anyway I've never had a to do tracking on a car full stop and I've no clear signs if I even need it....yet

I believe I can get a two wheel or 4 wheel tracking done £27 or £60 assuming nothing goes wrong.

I read elsewhere that some cars rears are not adjustable so a 4 wheel track is pointless. Is this true/the case on a Clio 172?

Is it something I really need doing now when there's no signs or it's hard to tell if my tracking isn't in a decent state. Maybe i'd be best checking where on the new Tyres after a few thousand K and then getting it done. Any help would be appreciated as the concept of tracking is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da

Less
Yeah rears are fixed. Front tracking is £30~ depending on where you go.

A full geometry setup can be done, but that's not needed unless you've messed with the suspension.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Do geometry set ups do tracking as well then Da? As I need tracking done and a decent geo would be good for my coilies.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Thanks guys. So I should just consider 2 wheel tracking and if he tries to convince me to do the full 4 he's trying to con me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alot of these places will put on the full rig and measure the angles at all four wheels but, as only the front toe is adjustable, you'll only be charged the lower figure

Westy. MX5
When you have the tyres fitted ask them for the tracking to be checked for free, He's making some money out of you already withe 4 tyre sale, I'm sure you blag it.