ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please

Back in October 2010 someone reversed into me, swapped details and stuff (didn't really want to cos there was ZERO damage to my car), the third party then phones my insurance saying I've driven into him and ruined his bumper. Neither of us have any witnesses and there's no cctv so it's my word against his so insurance say it's going down as 50/50 which I was/am fuming about as it wasn't my fault. There was a paint scuff and light crease in his bumper.
This has been an open claim on my policy since the above date since the 3rd party insurer hasn't sent my insure proof of outlay. This has passed through 1 policy renewal and is soon to pass through another. My insurance premium is ridiculous because of this and whenever I try to get a quote on another car it comes back as really expensive because of the open claim (so basically I'm stuck in my current car)

I phone my insurers regularly to gee them along and each and every time I just get the same answer, that they're waiting for info. It seems to me that this is going to go on forever.

Is there anything I can do?