ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice please

clio sport 172
my 172 seems very judery and lumpy and idles more when i first start her up, only in the morning any other time shes fine and runs fine iv had cambelt oil change and filter is it just a normal clio thing? or would you recomend changing fuel filter to? any advice would be great cheers

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Has the dephaser been replaced when the cambelt was changed? If its worn the idle will be lumpy when it's cold. They are all a little bit lumpy anyway until the engine is warmed up.

clio 182FF
Mine is awful when its cold and especially so in the mornings as of course that is when its at its coldest and hasnt been ran since the evening before. I have a hill to go up first thing and i seriously struggle to get the car up to a road safe speed! after about 1 minute it gets a lot better and then once its warm its perfectly fine! From what i have read its perfectly normal - a lot of cars are a little unsure at cold anyway but i think these are worst in the first minute or so as the lambda sensor doesnt become active until its up to temperature which takes around a minute i believe!

well its apparently down to the lambda sensor i should say, i have not looked this up but have read it before- someone correct me if thats wrong!

clio 182FF
Not so sure thats normal that hes struggling to get the car up to speed

If i go down the hill or on a flat i dont really notice it half as much, car still feels very jerky though on the gear changes and throttle. If you start to give it a little it still struggles but obviously i never do that (only did it once or twice and only just past 4k rpm or so to see how it reacted)

This lasts literally less than a minute and the car almost switches on properly (guessing lambda if thats correct has become active)

From what i have read and others experiences this is pretty normal, think people get different severity of it but i think mine is still normal? It's annoying but 30 sec later its gone so i can live with it!

Clio 172 Cup
Gotta say, mine's never particularly refined on tickover, hot or cold, but then neither was my R26 and that was for 5 years from new.

clio sport 172
Yeah it's fine other than in mornings and not particualy bad either It always calms down after about 2/3 minutes and always wait till idle drops before I drive it anyway, cheers for the advice though :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I always run mine for atleast a minute or two until I venture out in it. To be honest echoing everyone elses points, mine is also sh1te on morning start up & sometimes kargaroo's as well although this is not as bad when I've let the engine run until the revs drop on first start up.